Novice

Hello,

I would like to know if i need to do this update please

BlacKaviar_0-1652775841965.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Like all drivers, you are never required to install them. You only need to install an updated driver if it addresses an issue that you would like to see fixed. If you are happy with how the current driver is operating, then you have the option of sticking with it.

I also need to mention that there are people that should not install this update. For example, people with laptops what have custom graphics drivers from their laptop vendors that enable special features - hot keys, etc. - of the laptop. If you replace a customized graphics driver with an Intel generic graphics driver package, you will lose these customizations and, in some rare cases, end up with an unstable system. This is why there is the checkbox that you have to check in order to install this update; you need to check with your system vendor to ensure that they have not customized the graphics driver before replacing it.

Now, in the case of this particular driver update, there are a number of issues that people have reported that it seems to address. I will certainly be installing it on my non-laptop systems. Of course, I believe that everyone should be installing every update as it is released. After all, it's lonely out here on the bleeding edge and I need company... ;^)

...S

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

My personal opinion, especially for laptops is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...

As Scott said unless you are pursuing a specific fix only available on that update I prefer not to install those drivers... but, this is just how I handle my things...

Can you update that? Most likely you can and the most common outcome is "it will work fine without big issues"...

Do you need to update? Only you can now determine if you "need" to update (based on the opinions we shared here...)

0 Kudos
BlacKaviar
Novice

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answers, I don't think I'll do the update for the moment, maybe later

0 Kudos