I have a Dell Precision T7910 Tower computer with dual Xeon E5-2603 v3 processors. .
Just a few quick questions related to it.
I'd like to upgrade them to faster processors.
1. Is there a resource to determine the best processor upgrade based on power and cost?
2. Will either the Haswell core or Sandy Bridge work with the Precision T7910?
3. Are renewed processors reliable?
4. Are the speeds associated with the 2600 series faster that the latest generation i7s?
5. If the only heavy duty processing the computer does is Adobe Photoshop etc. is it worth having a 2nd processor?
You must contact DELL regarding processor compatibility and what is compatible with THEIR BIOS.
Are renewed processors reliable? Renewed (to me) means some reseller wiped off the old thermal paste.
Ask adobe what their software requires.
Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)