Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14950 Discussions

Warranty Claim for Overheating Issue with Intel i7 10th Generation Processor (10700)

Umairee
Beginner

Dear Intel Support Team,

I am reaching out to file a warranty claim for my Intel i7 10th Generation Processor (Model: 10700), which is experiencing an overheating issue.

Below are the details of my processor and its warranty:

• Processor Model: Intel i7 10th Generation 10700
  • Estimated Warranty Expiration: 2024/04/26

The processor has unexpectedly shut down my PC during operation and not responding now. After noticing this, I had it checked by a professional technician who diagnosed the problem as overheating. The processor was purchased brand new and has been used under normal operating conditions.

Given that the product is still under warranty, I would like to proceed with a claim to address this overheating issue. Could you please advise me on the next steps for processing this claim? I would also like to know about any necessary documentation I need to provide and instructions on how to send the processor for inspection or replacement.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to resolving this issue swiftly under the terms of the warranty.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

[Removed to protect personal information]

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this here). You can start here: Contact Intel Support or use this page: Intel Support Phone Directory to look up local/country phone numbers.

You can use the online forms service or email to initiate this process, but I recommend calling Intel directly. The above links provide access to local or toll-free numbers for most countries and these numbers provide support for most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered only in English and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Umairee
Beginner

Thanks to your response, I will follow and call support now

0 Kudos