Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

What is the difference between CSME, ME, SPS, TXE, and AMT?

pietrushnic
Novice

I'm looking through resource and design center and cannot find any document that clearly states similarities and differences between mentioned firmware. What I was able to find is this: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000008927/software/chipset-software.html?productId=34227&localeCode=us_en

Can you point me to any resource that say about differences in features/hardware support for CSME, ME, SPS, TXE and AMT? Also even if some features are mentioned like in ME FAQ case, there is no clear path or explanation how to configure and use those.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello pietrushnic,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities.

I would like to ask you for more time since the inquiry is about different Intel® Technologies/features and we would like to check what is the best way to address your inquiry.

I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello pietrushnic,

Thank you for waiting for our response.

I would like to ask you for the information that you are looking for each technology, since your question is about 5 different technologies, meaning that it's difficult to provide information that compares each of them.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello pietrushnic,

Were you able to check my previous?

Please let me know if you need further assistance by replying with the details requested in my previous post.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
pietrushnic
Novice

Hi Abigail,

ok let's start simple. Intel FAQ explain what ME is and what capabilities it has. Can you point me to document that describe what CSME is and what features it has?

Also you mention those are 5 different technologies, do you mean those technologies are not related? If those technologies are related I would like to understand that relation since at this point I can't find any Intel public or Resource and Design Center material that will provide that explanation.

Best Regards,

Piotr Król

0 Kudos
Abigail_G_Intel
Employee

Hello pietrushnic,

Thank you for the response.

We are still working in your inquiry, please allow me more time to do the investigation and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best Regards, 

Abigail G

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Just about everything being asked for is (IMHO: well) documented in Wikipedia.

Just saying,

...S

pietrushnic
Novice

Thanks @n.scott.pearson​ ,

I read that but looking for comprehensive document from Intel. Information about mentioned technologies fly around in lot of unofficial statements. I'm looking for official document that provide features set of mentioned technologies and how I can leverage that feature set. I understand that some documents are not open to the public but my company has correct CNDA signed so I believe I can have access to documentation that basically describe features of hardware component of my or my customers platform.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Yea, but you have to get access to these documents through your Intel Field Support Engineer (FSE), not here; the Customer Support Engineers cannot grant you access to any confidential documents.

...S

0 Kudos
pietrushnic
Novice

I don't need access to the document I just need its ID, if that document even exist. So far this method worked for me: I asked on forum and get id of the document, then checked if I have access and if not I requested it. I'm not sure if I even have FSE (or FAI) assigned since I'm not hardware manufacturer. If you know about existence of such documentation maybe you can point me to its ID, I'm pretty sure that information can be shared through forum since I get document IDs many times through this channel.

n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I don't have any names for you. The ICS Folks will need to research this. You should be able to get a FSE/FAI name from your local authorized distributor.

...S

0 Kudos