Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14590 Discussions

What is the different between AVX-VNNI and AVX512-VNNI ?

sanbuphy
Novice

Hello! I am using openvino, and then it is stated that the avx512 instruction set is required to get the best results. I found that my computer has AVX-VNNI after lscpu on wsl, but it should be 256 bits wide.

I would like to ask if avx-vnni can have acceleration effect? Then I also saw that other computers have AVX512F, I would like to ask what is the difference between 512F and 512? Can their VNNI be fully utilized? 

If possible, can you give me some more professional information or documents, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Hello sanbuphy,

Please take a look at the article Intel® Instruction Set Extensions Technology (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005779/processors.html) that gives information about Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX and AVX2) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512).

Also, find below the set of instructions for each processor:

• Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor: Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2, Intel® AVX-512
  • Intel® Core™ i7-12700F Processor: Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2

Let me know if you have any concern.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello sanbuphy,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I will research about this information, in the meantime, could you please provide the exact model of your processor?

As well, you can find further information/documentation in the Intel Resource & Documentation Center (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/resources-documentation/developer.html#panel-top-resources|most-popular)

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
sanbuphy
Novice

Hi,Here are my processors:

Intel Core i7 1165G7  

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will research about this and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello sanbuphy,

Please take a look at the article Intel® Instruction Set Extensions Technology (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005779/processors.html) that gives information about Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel® AVX and AVX2) and Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512).

Also, find below the set of instructions for each processor:

• Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor: Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2, Intel® AVX-512
  • Intel® Core™ i7-12700F Processor: Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2

Let me know if you have any concern.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

sanbuphy
Novice
0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for confirming the issue is now solved. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos