Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Will there be a new X99 like platform comming?

Jcegeland
Beginner

Hi. Im still rocking a 5820k oc`d to 4.3 Ghz now in 2024. It have had this platform since 2015, and i was wondering if you guys at Intel are gonna launch a worth replacement soon? I still want my quad or more memory channels, the newest tech on the motherboard, lots uf pci lanes, big strong multithreaded cpu cores with the newest instructions on it and without small retarded e-cores, at a desent price like the x99 platform had. Will you guys deliver or do i have to change platform to something that feels lesser, even after allmost 10 years have passed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Intel hasn't produced any Extreme Edition processors since the 10th generation (2019). The final entry in the family, the Core i9-10980XE, was a hefty beast with 18 HT-enabled Cores, a max Turbo Boost of 4.8GHz and, yes, four DDR4 memory channels. It utilizes the LGA2066 socket.
More info here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/198017/intel-core-i910980xe-extreme-edition-processor-24-75m-cache-3-00-ghz/specifications.html.
Sadly, there has been nothing since. I agree that the Core i9s in the latest generations are 'limited' by their support for only two memory channels - and have those pesky e-Cores - so don't represent the 'extreme' you are looking for.
Hope this helps,
...S

View solution in original post

1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Intel hasn't produced any Extreme Edition processors since the 10th generation (2019). The final entry in the family, the Core i9-10980XE, was a hefty beast with 18 HT-enabled Cores, a max Turbo Boost of 4.8GHz and, yes, four DDR4 memory channels. It utilizes the LGA2066 socket.
More info here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/198017/intel-core-i910980xe-extreme-edition-processor-24-75m-cache-3-00-ghz/specifications.html.
Sadly, there has been nothing since. I agree that the Core i9s in the latest generations are 'limited' by their support for only two memory channels - and have those pesky e-Cores - so don't represent the 'extreme' you are looking for.
Hope this helps,
...S