Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15210 Discussions

Windows 11 install drivers problem because of linux

LONY143
Novice

I have switched to Linux mint for some time but when i wanted to go back, there was no drives showing up in the install menu. i found out i need intel rapid storage technology driver for the drives to show up, but as some may know .exe files don't always work in Linux and because the "setupRST.exe" file can't run, i can't get the drivers i need (i have tried wine and crossover). i tried a lot of yt vids but with no use.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Caguicla_Intel

Hi LONY143,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

Please provide the model of your processor as well as the make and model of your system.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LONY143
Novice

i just put the processor in the tags, hope that does it.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi LONY143,

Thank you for your reply.

I can see from the tag that your CPU is Intel® Core™ i5-1235U Processor. I will be checking this request internally and give you an update as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi LONY143,

Thank you for your patience.

To further examine your request and gain a clearer understanding of your circumstances, please provide the following details:

1. Could you clarify which driver you are currently seeking? Are you referring to the RST driver?

2. May I have the make and model of your laptop? It appears that the only driver available for the processor at this moment is the graphics driver.

3. For a comprehensive analysis of your system, would you be able to provide the SSU logs?

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
Caguicla_Intel

Hi LONY143,

I'm just touching base to inquire if you've reviewed our last communication. If you have, kindly furnish us with the requested details so we can proceed to address your inquiry.

Best regards,

Caguicla C.

0 Kudos
FrancisP_Intel

Hello LONY143,

Since we haven't received a response from you, we will be closing this inquiry. Should you require additional assistance, please feel free to submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be actively monitored.

Best regards,

Francis Ryan P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos