Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14946 Discussions

XTU 7.14.2.14 - 13600K - Speed optimizer 2.0 not supported

Nitay
Beginner

Hi,

That happens again after upgrading to this version. Previous version had this after I upgraded to it and after a while - suddenly started working.

How can you fix it in a way that doesn't require to wait an undefined time after upgrading where it's starts working?

Best,

Nitay

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Nitay,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

I need the following information to provide you a way to fix it the issue in a timely manner. Kindly provide the following:

1. How did you update the Intel XTU? Is it through the prompt from the application or did you uninstall the current software and installed the latest version from our download center website?

2. Did you make modifications in BIOS particularly on the P-Cores availability? Are all of your P-cores enabled?

3. It would really help us if we can get more information about your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page. To run it, please press "Scan". After the scan is finished, click next and there will be a save button, giving you an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply. You can refer to How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows* for instructions.

Looking forward to your post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Nitay
Beginner

Hi,

1. Through prompt.

2. No.

3. I'm not going to go through this process again, this has happneded with the previous version until you've resolved it (you can check how you did that....) I went back to version and it works flawlessly.

Obviously in every new version - you don't support my CPU 13600k for some reason and after a few weeks this option is again available with no change in my configuration or updating the application. Check with your engineers how it was resovled for the previous version - I imagine same should be for the new one.

Here'e a screenshot with the previous version I just rollback to where it's available.

Kinda ridicilous from a customer stand-point to update to a newer version and have it not support my CPU for a few weeks.

Best

Nitay

Nitay_0-1721155120519.png

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Nitay,

Thank you for your response.

First and foremost, we are humbly sorry that you have been experiencing this recurring issue every time you upgrade and I agree with your point that this should not happen for a few weeks every time you update. Rest assured that we will look into the issue that you are facing.

Furthermore, I understand why you are reluctant to provide the logs. I am trying to obtain it to check if the procedure that is documented internally would be a viable solution to your concern. We However, since you answered two of the other questions, please try to do the following —some of which you have already tried, but we would appreciate your cooperation to still proceed:

1. Please uninstall the currently installed Intel XTU on the system and download the installer from the download center.  Locate the folder of the installer and right click to run as administrator. Follow the prompts to install the software and restart afterwards. After restarting, check if the behavior can no longer be observed.

2. Should the issue persist, kindly contact your motherboard manufacturer to ensure that your BIOS is up-to-date, and settings are reset to defaults.

We would appreciate it if you let us know of the results of the above procedures.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos