Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14767 Discussions

XTU Windows 11: Issues with sleep and restart

JStewart
Beginner

1) When the system goes to sleep, and then resumes, a connection to the XTU service is broken. 

2) Upon a reboot, which triggers an unloading of the XTU service, the system will crash to a black screen before Windows completes its shutdown.  I suspect there is instability as a result of 

The motherboard halts, and displays an error code for CPU overheat. 

While I have experienced #1 occasionally in the past, #2 appears to be happening after the latest update of the XTU software (7.12.0.29).

The motherboard is running the latest patch/BIOS from ASUS (issued Sept. 7, 2023) and Intel ME firmware 11.12.94.2479.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStewart, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue with Intel® XTU came back. Yes, no problem, once you get the chance please provide the information requested previously.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStewartThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

Did you build it?

Was Intel® XTU working fine before on this specific machine?

If yes, when did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JStewart
Beginner

This is not a new computer. Yes, I built it. 

XTU was working fine before, yes. It appears to have started after updating the XTU client. This is in a home environment. 

Reverting to 7.11.5 has resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStewart, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Perfect, excellent it is great to know that reverting the Intel® XTU to version 7.11.5 resolved the issues related to sleep and restart and now the computer/tool is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JStewart
Beginner

Ah well, I take that back.... it did not solve the issue. And now, interestingly, after uninstalling, wiping all traces, and reinstalling the latest version my profile does not restore upon reboot/restart. 

I'll try to get back to this with logs for you to look at.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStewart, Thank you very much for your response.

We are sorry to hear the issue with Intel® XTU came back. Yes, no problem, once you get the chance please provide the information requested previously.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JStewart
Beginner

...aaaaand now it's behaving. 

Welp, I'll attach these anyway in case it's of any use. FYI, XTU and XTUService in the event logs are normal. Which makes sense because everything is working. 

🤷‍

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

JStewart, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

Great, we are glad to hear the Intel® XTU is working fine again. Please test it for a couple of days and let us know if the problem persists so, if necessary, we can further assist you on this topic.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello JStewart, I just wanted to check if the Intel® XTU tool is still working properly and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
JStewart
Beginner

No further assistance required, thank you. I have uninstalled the tool and made changes in the BIOS directly. 

Regards, 

-James

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello JStewart

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos