Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

XTUOCDriverService breaks the Sleep mode on Windows 10 Pro with Intel i7-9700K @3.6HZ

DSmyk1
Beginner

I have a brand new OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-1040st

·        Intel Core i7-9700K Cpu @3.6HZ

·        Motherboard id: 8509

·        BIOS: F.21-11/25/2019

·        Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @3.6HZ

·        Operating System: windows 10 Pro,    Version10.0.18363 Build 18363

The problem is that the system freezes whenever it is put in the sleep mode a second time in a row after a reboot. Meaning that after a reboot the system can be put into the sleep mode once. Hwoever, if it is put into the sleep mode the second time then the computer freezes – only a hard reboot brings it back to life.

I determined that Intel’s XTUOCDriverService service causes the problem. If I disable the XTUOCDriverService service in the system configuration and reboot, then the Sleep mode works fine. As soon as I enable Intel’s XTUOCDriverService service the problem reoccurs.

Please advise how I can fix the problem. Thank you for your help.

Darek

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DSmyk1, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

You mentioned it is a brand new computer, at some point did it work properly or this issue happened since day 1?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Are you using the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility or any other tool to overclock the Intel® Processor?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
DSmyk1
Beginner

Albert,

1)The computer was delivered to me about 1 week ago. The fault was there from the beginning, i.e. the Sleep mode would freeze the computer. The inability to run the overclocking benchmarking tests was probably there from day one. I just tried to access overclocking for the first time yesterday.

2) No, I did not make any changes to the hardware. I did install the latest Windows updates and the Visual Studio app. However, the problems were there before the updates.

3) As i stated above, the issue was there when the brand new HP computer was delivered to me.

4) I tried to use HP's Omen Command Center portal that includes an overclocking functions. However, as I stated in the previous Post I am not able to execute even the first benchmarking test. My previous post includes pertinent screenshots.

Thank you for your help.

Darek

0 Kudos
DSmyk1
Beginner

Hi Albert,

In order to help in diagnosing the problem I attempted to gather additional potentially pertinent information.

• I downloaded and run Intel Processor Identification Utility. The attached file contains screenshots with the system information
  • I downloaded and run Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU).
    • I attached the system info screenshot
    • I Clicked on "Run Benchmark" in the Basic Tuning screen. The tool showed that is running the benchmark but after it stopped running the benchmark the current score is still not displayed (see the attached screenshots)
    • Lastly I ran the Windows Task manager - shows XTUOCDDriverService running (see the attached screenshot)

Please let me know if you would like me ran any additional tests. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Darek

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

DSmyk1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DSmyk1, I just received an update on this matter.

Since this is OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) system, check BIOS settings, as some manufacturers are using their own overclocking tools and may have compatibility issues with Intel® XTU.

Contact with HP directly to gather the instructions on how to load BIOS default values and try that.

Addtionally, please verify if any other tuning application has been pre-installed. Some manufacturers design and install their own application suite that often times can be detected by Intel® XTU as performance tuning apps.

If none of the above steps work, try restoring Windows to a previous state where Intel® XTU was working, or try a clean operating system installation to rule out 3rd party applications conflicting with the tool. 

Finally, if the problem persists, please get in contact with HP directly and request support for their own overclocking tool:

https://support.hp.com/us-en

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos