Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14944 Discussions

appropriate settings for an I7 13700 MHz

rob768
Beginner

Hi, I am having problems with this new PC i build. It is based on a Gigabyte Z790 Elite AX Mobo, with the mentioned processor, 32 GB 5600 MHz ram (Corsair) and a Zotac 4080 super GPU.  The CPU is cooled by a huge Thermalright peerless assassin 120 SE cooler (running Win11)

The problem is that if I use the default bios settings of the board, my CPU runs hot when playing COD, and runs into crashes. 

I lowered voltage setting from 1.2V to 1.185V, and also a magnifier van 34 to 30. By doing this, max temperature fluctuates in the 60-70, which i think is ok. Temperature in the case fluctuates a little but is never hotter than 45 degrees C.

However, as i haven't got a clue about what i am doing, I was wondering if these setting are somehow dangerous, and also if there are better setting i can use to keep my system stable. Because that's all i want, I am not after the highest possible speed (in the game, my GPU takes care of that)

Suggestions and remarks are more than welcome (and also how default settings of a Mobo can cause this, I assumed they were safe settings)

best, rob

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rob768
Beginner

It's a 13700K processor, by the way.

0 Kudos
pressed_for_time
New Contributor II

Yours settings are OK, CPU temperatures of 60 to 70C under heavy load are fine and perfectly safe. If the system is stable then I would be inclined to leave it as it is.