Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14545 Discussions

date of production of individual E5 2670 V3 CPU

PeterAchutha
Beginner

Hi,

I wanted to know how to determine the date of production of several  E5 2670 V3 CPU's. I tried searching the internet but could not find any clear information. Please let me know how to determine the date of production from the markings on the CPU.

DateOfE5-2670V3CPU.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

Thank you for waiting.

I confirmed that this information is not available for the processors you mentioned since they could be more than 7 years old, for example, the E5-2670 v3 was originally launched back in Q3/2014, so it is almost 8 years old, this is the reason why the online validation tool could not locate your products.

Additionally, there is no tool or method to decode the processor markings, but we may be able to find the manufacturing date of newer processors. around the 5 year mark, using the FPO/ATPO.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 14th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding the manufacturing date of your Xeon processors, and I will be assisting you with this.

There is no method to determine the exact manufacturing date, but you can use the processor markings to check the unit warranty, and substract three years to get an estimate.

- Warranty validation tool: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US

- Xeon processor markings: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005965/processors/intel-xeon-processors.html

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and I will also follow up on June 8th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
PeterAchutha
Beginner

Hi  Bruce,

Thanks for your reply. I had seen both these articles but I could not understand the second article. It shows, under LGA 2011,

Line 5 Finished Process Order (FPO)
Line 6 Lot Number + Serial Number

but I could not understand how to decode the date of manufacture from these numbers.

I used to work as a Product Engineer back in the mid 1980's at T3 plant but then the date codes were very easy to understand.

How could I determine the approximate date of manufacture from Line 5 or Line 6?

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
PeterAchutha
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

I filled up the warranty form with the information provided in the example shown at LGA 2011 Intel Xeon Processor at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005965/processors/intel-xeon-processors.html 

and submitted the warranty. Unfortunately it came back with :-

Your product could not be located
Batch Number (FPO): 2216A557
Serial Number (ATPO): 3Q244225B0709

Did I do it correctly?

Thanks and best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message, or confirm if I can help you with anything else.

The thread will be closed on June 10th, but you can let me know if additional time is required.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

Good day,

I could not locate any details with those numbers.

Allow me to review if there is a more accurate way to do this and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
PeterAchutha
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

I will wait for your comments. Thanks.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

Thank you for waiting.

I confirmed that this information is not available for the processors you mentioned since they could be more than 7 years old, for example, the E5-2670 v3 was originally launched back in Q3/2014, so it is almost 8 years old, this is the reason why the online validation tool could not locate your products.

Additionally, there is no tool or method to decode the processor markings, but we may be able to find the manufacturing date of newer processors. around the 5 year mark, using the FPO/ATPO.

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 14th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
PeterAchutha
Beginner

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info. My God, Intel has changed a lot since I last worked for them back in the early 1980's.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, PeterAchutha.

If we can try to help you with anything else in the future, you can always contact us back.

The thread will be closed right now and no longer monitored by Intel support, please open a new thread of contact us using any of the available support methods if necessary.

You may receive an invitation to take a survey in a few days. We value your feedback and look forward to hearing about your support experience.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos