Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14402 Discussions

does intel corp change burned and melted cpu or not ?

jgeny
Beginner

i have to ask because i opened a ticket in france : europe using the phone number 33-141918529 last week .

i wonder if i am well understood because the people answering at that phone seem Bangladeshies or Indians . the calls we had should be heard by their boss , i am sure they lied all time , promessing to call me by phone or send some email.....even advising me to lie to get a new cpu...

here is the link to the image gallery : http://postimg.org/gallery/4frdjv7g/ http://postimg.org/gallery/4frdjv7g/

i sent the same image the day i opened the ticket 8000775720 this last monday . i still have received no email about my question of rma .

the cpu and the mainboard has started to cause me trouble with a pci tv card that was no longer working this summer .

so i called the technical service of ldlc.com and we decided to send the cpu and the mainboard : a sabertooth x79 and the i3820

when i unmounted all , i sqaw the cpu like on the picture .

ldlc.com has changed the mainboard , but did nothing for the cpu despite giving him a torture test ... with 1.4 h of occt .

they should have tested the pci bus with a network card but they did not .

so when the cpu was back home i contacted the phone number above .

i ask here for my case to be executed as fast as possible , i would be glad if intel could give me a i7 4930 or i7 4820 instead of a i3820 , mostly because the heat will be below the one i get with the i3820 .

by the way i hope that monday i ll have a brand new cpu i4930 deliverd by dhl

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi jcgeny,

I see that based on the records of that ST number provided, the case is being handled by the EMEA team.

It is important to mention that the warranty that Intel® provides is peer to peer based on Intel® Terms and Conditions. It will be necessary to check the processor with clear pictures and also necessary to check the markings on it. The corresponding Intel® representative handling your case will continue helping you until the case is solved.

My best recommendation is to continue with the Case number you have.

0 Kudos
jgeny
Beginner

i totally agree with you that the cpu should be checked by intel , but the EMEA team does not care about my case .

they badly do their job or they have to much to do , but they did not asked for the proof of purchase , i send it by email after watching the youtube film about intel warranty at main page : /community/tech/processors https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/processors

after more than a week , i still have no rendezvous with the delivery boy to send the cpu at intel for its checking .

for the rest , i also wonder about having an i4930 instead of the i3820 , is there more or less "gold inside" the latest one ? , i am ready to add $ but no shop wants to get a brand new i3820 and sell the i4930 .

may be intel should manage offers to update to new generation of cpu in case like mine .

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi jcgeny,

Based on your description, I would like you send me a Private Message, for security reasons, with your Service Ticket/ reference number or any number provided by the Intel ® Agent so I can raise the investigation on this.

In regards the processor upgrade, as mentioned before the Intel® replacement is peer to peer so upgrading the processor is not an available option. But please send me this information so I can help you out with it.

0 Kudos
jgeny
Beginner

thank you to take care of my trouble , i send a pm with as much information as i have .

have a great day and thanks again

0 Kudos
jgeny
Beginner

a week later i still have received not any mail from the european intel center .

that starts to bother me to wait so long and i am very disapointed by intel .

thank you in advance kevin

edit : for the cpu replacement by the same , it counts for dual cpu mainboard , but in this case it is better to get latest than the old one .

by the way i start to think i ll have to buy a brand new cpu [if i want to use my sabertooth x79 mobo] or a brand new amd mobo with a brand new amd cpu [choice that i should make as intel lets burned cpu in the hands of customers or want them to do some testing at home with damaged hardware ]

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi jcgeny,

At this point I see that the warranty replacement is in progress. Sorry for the delay.

0 Kudos