Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14964 Discussions

esif/ipf error

marioo
Beginner

All,

I don´t know this is the correct location for the problem but 

I found this error in the event viewer (the error always occurs 8 times in a row)  and no hints to fix it.....

ESIF(1.0.11100.29710) TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME 19959 ms

[<IPFSRV>AuthMgr_EsifPrimitive (at) ipfsrv_authmgr.c#1532]<19959 ms>:
Unauthorized EsifPrimitive: NA (941)

The Intel driver and support assistant reports that all drivers are up to date!

Hardware

Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. Katana 15 B12VGK

BIOS VersionE1585IMS.311Datum 27.09.2023
Mainboard Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. ModellMS-1585 VersionREV:1.0
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-12650H

OS
Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-Bit) Version (Build) 23H2 (10.0.22631)

it would be nice if someone had a tip for me

Best regards
Mario

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
ESIF TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME shows a potential problem with the Intel Innovation Platform Framework (IPF) or Intel Speed Shift Technology (SST) on Intel-based PCs.

Some possible reasons for this error are:

• Damaged or outdated drivers

• Hardware malfunction or mismatch

• Wrong BIOS settings

• Disturbance from other devices or software

For the drivers, you can try to update them directly from the MSI website because you are using an MSI computer and the Intel driver support assistance can only detect generic drivers, not the ones from the MSI website. You can find all the drivers for your computer in this link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Katana-15-B12VX/support?sub_product=Katana-15-B12VGK#driver

If you require help, you can also contact MSI to get the right driver you need to download. However, usually, you can update the chipset, Intel Management Engine Driver, Intel® Dynamic Tuning Driver and BIOS for this issue.
0 Kudos
marioo
Beginner

All,

unfortunately, the tip didn't help.
I downloaded the drivers from the MSI page and updated them all but the message (error) is still the same.

ESIF(1.0.11100.29710) TYPE: ERROR MODULE: IPF TIME 57427420 ms

[<IPFSRV>AuthMgr_EsifPrimitive@ipfsrv_authmgr.c#1532]<57427419 ms>:
Unauthorized EsifPrimitive: NA (941)

0 Kudos
Senkuchan
Valued Contributor I
To proceed with the troubleshooting, we need you to send us the intel ssu logs and the eventviewer logs so we can identify the source of this error. You can refer to these links (3rd party links) for guidance:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

https://mysupport.razer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3981/~/how-to-export-windows-event-logs

I think you can upload the logs to this post.
0 Kudos
marioo
Beginner

Senkuchan,

attached the logs...

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Based on the SSU logs, the graphics driver was not updated successfully, kindly please try downloading them again at this link: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/Katana-15-B12VX/support?sub_product=Katana-15-B12VGK#driver

Once you do your graphics driver version should be the following in the device manager : 

• Intel Graphics Driver : 31.0.101.4146
  • NVIDIA Graphics Driver: 528.92

Also, you mention that the error message occur in the event logs. Just to confirm, aside from these, are you experiencing other issues in your system? Please also share the following:

1. When did you notice it from occurring?
  2. Are there any changes that you have made before the error occurred?

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
marioo
Beginner

hmmmm.....

after downloading the drivers and installing them again, .... the batch files run.

After restart there are no changes of the driver versions in the device manager, see attaches pdf

• Intel Graphics Driver : 31.0.101.4146 is 31.0.101.4255
  • NVIDIA Graphics Driver: 528.92 is 31.0.15.2892

Coincidentally, an NVIDIA update from 01/24/2024 version 551.23 just came in, I installed it and the driver in the device manager was changed to 31.0.15.5123 attachment .2

1. There ar no other serious  errors in the system, sometimes it is a bit slow therefore I checked the events

2. No changes made

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, marioo.

Thank you for sending screenshots that show the updated driver versions of the graphics. Please know, however, that Intel has generic versions of drivers for general purposes, and in some cases, there can be limited functionality on OEM devices. Since this is an OEM device (MSI) Your device manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to some components for better compatibility with your system.

At this rate, it would be best to contact the OEM device (MSI) as we still continue to monitor and investigate the issue. Kindly let us know, once you already contacted your system manufacturer, (https://www.msi.com/support).

If you require any additional assistance or have more questions, contact us again.

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
marioo
Beginner

Hello M,

I have uninstalled all drivers from Intel (graphics, ifp, management) now the error is gone and the computer is fast again......

No ipf driver no ipf error

I would close the case.
Thanks again to everyone for the tips.

Best regards
Mario

0 Kudos