Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15632 Discussions

i5-1135G7 sin Iris Xe?

MatuteDV
Beginner

Hola. Estoy por adquirir una nueva Notebook con procesadores i5-1135G7. El modelo que me interesa dice que posee el procesador indicado, pero que su tarjeta gráfica es UHD. Es esto posible? 

El enlace al modelo que quiero adquirir:  https://www.lenovo.com/ar/es/laptops/thinkpad/serie-l/ThinkPad-L14-G2/p/20X2S86X00?utm_source=insidechat

0 Kudos
1 Solution
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Checking the info at the top section of the webpage, I see it says: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 CPU, RAM 16 GB DDR4-3200MHz (SODIMM), and UHD Graphics...

When I scroll down in that link to see the "full specifications" I can see this laptop may come in different configurations or different options... example:

Processors:
Intel® Pentium® Gold 7505
Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4
Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
Intel® Core™ i5-1145G7
Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7
Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7

Graphics (optional)

Intel UHD
Intel Iris Xe
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450

I have seen some vendors that fail in providing clear and accurate information on their websites about specifications for their products and they just post a poorly short list of general specs (intentional or not, who knows?)... maybe it is the same here, and they just didn't care in providing accurate info...

The first two CPUs in the list come with Intel® UHD Graphics, the other ones come with Iris xe graphics...

To be clear, the Core i5-1135G7 Processor comes with, and only with Iris Xe graphics... what could happen is that some manufacturers may launch a cheap system of low quality with only RAM single channel... my understanding is that when a CPU with Iris Xe graphics is paired with RAM single channel, the graphics will work in some kind of "UHD mode" because Iris Xe requires dual-channel memory... Check the note in this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059744/graphics.html

And here is a real example... look at the Graphics specs in this Asus laptop ... "Intel Iris Xᵉ Graphics (available for Intel® Core™ i5/i7/i9 with dual channel memory)"

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/All-series/ASUS-X415-11th-Gen-Intel/techspec/

Because the laptop apparently comes with RAM of 16 GB, I would be surprised if it is not dual-channel... and paired with an i5-1135G7 Processor, then the GPU would be Iris Xe, and should work as full Iris Xe...

My recommendation, contact Lenovo and ask them directly...

I also have a  Lenovo laptop with Core i5-1135G7 (IdeaPad 5 14ITL05), it has 16GB of RAM and Iris Xe Graphics... I haven't had any problem with it, the CPU and graphics performance is good... although I don't use it for gaming only because for that purpose, I use desktop computers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Checking the info at the top section of the webpage, I see it says: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 CPU, RAM 16 GB DDR4-3200MHz (SODIMM), and UHD Graphics...

When I scroll down in that link to see the "full specifications" I can see this laptop may come in different configurations or different options... example:

Processors:
Intel® Pentium® Gold 7505
Intel® Core™ i3-1115G4
Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
Intel® Core™ i5-1145G7
Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7
Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7

Graphics (optional)

Intel UHD
Intel Iris Xe
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450

I have seen some vendors that fail in providing clear and accurate information on their websites about specifications for their products and they just post a poorly short list of general specs (intentional or not, who knows?)... maybe it is the same here, and they just didn't care in providing accurate info...

The first two CPUs in the list come with Intel® UHD Graphics, the other ones come with Iris xe graphics...

To be clear, the Core i5-1135G7 Processor comes with, and only with Iris Xe graphics... what could happen is that some manufacturers may launch a cheap system of low quality with only RAM single channel... my understanding is that when a CPU with Iris Xe graphics is paired with RAM single channel, the graphics will work in some kind of "UHD mode" because Iris Xe requires dual-channel memory... Check the note in this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059744/graphics.html

And here is a real example... look at the Graphics specs in this Asus laptop ... "Intel Iris Xᵉ Graphics (available for Intel® Core™ i5/i7/i9 with dual channel memory)"

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/All-series/ASUS-X415-11th-Gen-Intel/techspec/

Because the laptop apparently comes with RAM of 16 GB, I would be surprised if it is not dual-channel... and paired with an i5-1135G7 Processor, then the GPU would be Iris Xe, and should work as full Iris Xe...

My recommendation, contact Lenovo and ask them directly...

I also have a  Lenovo laptop with Core i5-1135G7 (IdeaPad 5 14ITL05), it has 16GB of RAM and Iris Xe Graphics... I haven't had any problem with it, the CPU and graphics performance is good... although I don't use it for gaming only because for that purpose, I use desktop computers

0 Kudos
MatuteDV
Beginner

Muchas gracias por la respuesta y todo el detalle. 

Antes de consultar aquí me comunique con Lenovo para confirmar el procesador y el apartado gráfico. Me confirmaron que es un 1135G7, pero que es UHD. Esto me generó duda y me impulsó a consultar aquí. 

Por lo que aún no puedo confirmar si cargaron mal la información o son muy gentiles de informar como UHD un Iris Xe single-channel.

Pero ahora con este dato volveré a consultar si es este último caso. 

No es que la quiera para jugar, pero si estoy por cambiar de un 1035G1 a un 1135G7, espero que el G7 rinda como se espera. 

Nuevamente muchas gracias. 

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Sure... always glad to help! ☺

good luck!

0 Kudos