Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15597 Discussions

i5 13400F is Scoring Very Low On Benchmark and Computer Freezes

redneksis
Novice

Hello I am using Intel i5 13400F. You can find below in the attachment my Benchmark score. It is very low. If it would be a little low ,would be acceptable for me but my scores extremly low; for example lowest i5 13400F Multiple score 1033 but mine only 152.

Also sometimes when I click on something for example a photo or file computer doesn't responds but after 5-10 second opens 3 or 4 pages.

My Configuration: Intel i5 13400F, 64GB (16X4) Kingston DDR4 RAM, , INTEL ARC A750 GPU, ASRock B760 Pro RS/D4 Mainboard, 2X Kingston Fury Renegade M2 SSD, 2X SATA SSD and DeepCool LS520SE 240mm Liquit CPU Cooler.  

Maybe you have some idea about this trouble. Awaiting for your news have a good day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It sounds like your system is being throttled. Run something like ThrottleStop (or AIDA64) and see if you can identify what type of throttling is occurring.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
VARADHARAJAN
Valued Contributor I

@n_scott_pearson 

I am using i5-13500, i just updated the bios firmware with 0x129, but the microcode won't show an in-processor, intel defaults settings do not appear. from fast 4 months . 0x35 microcode has been updated in i5 -13500.

Will you confirm why the new microcode has not been updated to the intel i5-13500, Also confirm whether my processor has stability issues and oxidation issues.

Motherboard is Gigabyte B760M DS3H AX REV1.2

I manually downloaded and flashed  Intel Management engine firmware v16.1.22.2418

VARADHARAJAN_0-1723888978250.png

photo2.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto6.jpgmcu035.jpg

Thanking you

Varadharajan K 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I don't work for Intel (I am retired), so don't look to me for any kind of confirmation. Here's what I will say:

If you have a BIOS that includes the x129 microcode and you have this BIOS configured to use the Intel default configuration (either manually or automatically configured), then you should contact Intel regarding an RMA if - and only if - you are seeing operational (read: stability) issues. I don't think that Intel is going to replace a part that is working fine just because there is the infinitesimal possibility of it being an early part that might suffer a future oxidation-related failure. This possibility is the reason why you got a 2-year extension on your warranty.

Again, all just my opinion,

...S

0 Kudos