Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14792 Discussions

i5 13600kf, initial boot not working

Suzdal
Beginner

Hi,

I just bought an i5 13600KF

The motherboard bought to go with it is an Asus Rog strix B760-F gaming.

The memory is 4 sticks of 16 Gb of Corsair memory

CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 RAM 32Go (4x16Go) 6000MHz CL36 Intel XMP Compatible iCUE computer memory - black (CMH32GX5M2E6000C36)

There are NO other boards in the configuration

The monitor is directly attached to the motherboard by an HDMI cable.

The computer will not BOOT and nothing is seen on the monitor. All I get are flashing status LEDs on the motherboard. Their sequence is

LED

red 3 sec
yellow(left) 22 sec
none lit 6 sec
white only 8 sec
white + yellow(right) stays lit indefinitely

Looking up the meaning of these LEDs, the first one means that the processor is not detected.

I've CHANGED motherboards and am getting the same thing.

ASUS has been ABSOLUTELY NO help

Could someone help

Should this work with an "F" type processor?

Could the processor be damaged since it's the only thing in common to both configurations?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Suzdal,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It must be perplexing to experience this situation particularly if you have tried a lot of things to make it work. We will do our best to find the cause of your concern.

After reading your post, here are our findings:

1. The i5-13600KF does not have a built-in graphics chip which means that you need to add a graphics card on the unit to be able to get a display. You would not get any display when you connect the monitor to the HDMI port from the board.

To confirm, since there are no other boards inside the system, does it mean that you have not integrated a video card on the system?  If yes, you need to add a discrete graphics card so the system will work.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Suzdal,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

It must be perplexing to experience this situation particularly if you have tried a lot of things to make it work. We will do our best to find the cause of your concern.

After reading your post, here are our findings:

1. The i5-13600KF does not have a built-in graphics chip which means that you need to add a graphics card on the unit to be able to get a display. You would not get any display when you connect the monitor to the HDMI port from the board.

To confirm, since there are no other boards inside the system, does it mean that you have not integrated a video card on the system?  If yes, you need to add a discrete graphics card so the system will work.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Suzdal,

Thank you for marking our recommendation as solved.

It is a great joy to know that our suggestions resolved your concern.

If you would like to give us an update or if you have further questions, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos