Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15084 Discussions

i5 7600 fresh out of the box 100% usage

CVink
Beginner

Hey

So yesterday i installed my new cpu: i5 7600. When i first booted up my pc i check task manager to see if it recognised the new hardware but i noticed very quickly that my cpu was constantly at 100% usage. I figured this had something to do with drivers so i went ahead and installed all new drivers and updated the old ones. This did not solve the problem. I also cannot check my cpu temperatures with OpenHardwareMonitor anymore. I have to go into the Bios for this. Tho when i went into bios the temperature displayed 31°c which to me seems very cool for a cpu in general. So i tried some games and they ran just fine and it doesn't feel like the cpu is at full load. I have even tried removing the overclock off my GPU which shouldn't really make a difference and it didn't.

Can anyone explain to me what is causing this? or how i can fix this?

Kind regards Nanoid

Edit: trying fresh windows install i'll let you guys know if this fixes anything, in the meantime i would still apreciate possible solutions.

Issue is fixed for now, will let you know if it stays that way! will keep the post up for anyone in the future with this issue so that it may help them!

PC Specs (I have not overclocked the CPU i have only slightly overclocked the GPU):

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7600 3.5GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA1151

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V

Case: Cooler Master K380 ATX

Power Supply: Cooler Master B700W

Case Fan's: Corsair ML120 Pro LED Blue 75.0 CFM 120mm Fan X2

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RAJU2529