Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15135 Discussions

i7 13700K is CPU running at 100 Degrees normal ?

SouravPani
Beginner

I am running i7 13700K with RTX 4060 , Z790 Motherboard ,360mm Liquid cooler
My CPU temp goes to 100 Degree when I start any game .it stays from 95+ to 100 during that time

I Installed Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool. and  Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

The processor diagnostic tool return PASS and while monitoring the Intel extreme tuning utility , I got 100 Degree package temperature while running games but the utilization is around only 10%, and normally it stays around 50 degree around 1-2 % utilization .

Please suggest if the above is normal or I need to check anything the PC is less than a week old , and everything looks normal form the config side .

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SouravPani, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you are having issues with the temperatures of your Intel® Core™ i7-13700K Processor.

To help you further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

2. Is the issue present with a specific game or with any game?

3. Have you performed any hardware or software changes recently?

4. Have you noticed any errors or blue screens of death?

Bear in mind that your processor supports up to 100°C and any temperature below it is normal and expected. 

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
SouravPani
Beginner
Hi Deivid ,
I am running on Windows 11 pro, version 22H2
This issue is present with most of the games..strange is the utilisation is less but the temp is high .. if i run my fans at full speed it stays 97-100 but often goes to100.
This is a new PC so everything was assembled last week by technician
I have not seen any blue screen of death yet .. I am not playing for long hours due to this issue.
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SouravPani, 

This follow-up is to confirm if you are still present thermal issues on your system. Let me know if you had the time to gather the information requested.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SouravPani, 

Thanks for the confirmation. In this case, your CPU supports up to 100°C, and any temperature below that is normal and expected.

However, to help you control the temperatures you can try the following:

1. Check the thermal solution installation. Verify proper installation of the processor thermal solution.  

2. Check air ventilation. Make sure that there is no dust or obstructions.

3. Load BIOS default and Update BIOS. You will need to check with the motherboard manufacturer for instructions and steps.

4. Check that the fans are properly installed.

5. Run all the operating system updates, including the optional ones.

6. Run and attach the report from the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU):

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SouravPani, 

This follow-up is to check if you had the time to read my previous post or if you managed to fix the issue.

Let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello SouravPani, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos