On 01-01-2024, I upgraded my PC. With new PC configuration is as follows

Intel Core i7 14700KF

MSI Pro Z790 A WIFI DDR4

Cooler Master Master Air MA612 Stealth ARGB 120 mm Dual Tower CPU Air Cooler

MSI MPG A850G PCIES SMPS 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold

ADATA XPG 32 GB DDR4 RAM

ADATA XPG 2 TB M.2.

ZOTAC RTX 4070

With 6 (six) 120 mm intake CPU Cabinet fan and 3 (three) exhaust fan.

From the Old system
2 TB Toshiba HDD
256 GB Samsung SSD

After playing games for 1 hour like The Witcher 3 and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wild Land in max graphic setting (both the games downloaded from Steam), the processor temperature begins to reach 100 C and stays there while the GPU temperature stays between 55 C and 70 C. And the game starts lagging.

Then, to check the performance of the PC, I tested benchmarks using software like Cenebench, the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, and AIDA 64 Extreme. As soon as the benchmark begins, the processor temperature reaches 100 °C from around 34 °C. In the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Software, it is showing the processor is thermally throttling, but other things are okay.
In the AIDA 64 Extreme software, it is showing the processor is thermally throttling, about 16%, and the remaining things are okay.

Now I did set the processor temperature in the BIOS menu from auto to 85 C.
Everything is the same as before, just this time the temperature reaches 85 C.

I watched many videos on YouTube for possible solutions, such as

1. To set the CPU limit load lower than mode 9 (as suggested by MSI), I tried modes 1 to 5, but it did not work.
2. Under Volting: Using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility under Volting Up to a negative 60-value benchmark score was reduced, but processor temperature remained the same. At a negative 65 value, the system rebooted and started from zero.

3. Resetting bios.

4. Replaced the stock Cooler Master Master Air MA612 Stealth Air Cooler fan with Cooler Master Mobius 120 P fans.

Still, the overheating problem remains.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
abhijit_das
Beginner

Thank you Sir for replying.

Sir, I am not able to figure out how will I manage your recommendations no. 1 and 2.

To do this I have to purchase a brand new AIO and then a Processor which is practically and financially not possible for me. Plus there is no guarantee for that.

Sir, if you don't mind can you provide this only for testing purposes, I will return this soon after the result. I am ready to bear the transportation cost.

Or any other alternative solution like any place from where I can get this demo product only for testing?

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello abhijit_das

Thanks for patiently waiting. 

This time we would like to recommend you process the RMA with us, after verifying that your warranty is still active here, directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can look up contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography: 

U.S. and Canada: Intel Customer Support 

Europe, Middle East, and Africa: Intel Customer Support EMEA 

Asia-Pacific: Intel Customer Support APAC 

Latin America: Intel Customer Support LAR 

I will send some information privately, please note that this case will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ymts
Beginner
Dear abhijit,
I just bought mine yesterday, and ran into the same issue.
For me it was the motherboard performance features that drove me CPU to 100° in gaming.
Try finding this option in your BIOS setup.
Since the deactivation, my CPU runs games at 73-76°C.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Ymts
0 Kudos