Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

i7 6700, VT-x not supported

AJeli
Beginner

I recently bought an i7 6700, and I'm trying to figure out why Intel Processor Identification Utility is showing that Intel Virtualization Technology is not supported (as seen in the attachment).

I already checked with my motherboard manufacturer, and they said that VT-x is enabled by default on my motherboard. There surely isn't a problem with Windows 10 (it is enabled there too).

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thank you kindly for your help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AJana1
Valued Contributor I

Hello jelalek,

Have you enabled Hyper-V in Windows 10, that might be the factor causing that utility misrecognised the information about Virtualisation. But I suggest you check whether the VT-x has been enabled on the firmware of your motherboard. If so, and nothing going around with Hyper-V, you might contact with Intel support to replace your processor. I have no ideas whether there are limited editions of that processor without VT.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, that is true, I am thinking this might be BIOS configuration. Please check the computer BIOS settings.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to check BIOS settings?

Allan.
0 Kudos
AJeli
Beginner

Hey guys,

sorry for the late reply (notification emails somehow ended up in the Junk folder).

I already contacted the motherboard manufacturer and they said that VT-x is already enabled, and there's no way to check that in BIOS.

But the truth is that my motherboard didn't work properly in the first place (USB 3.0 ports didn't work), so they fixed it in 1 month. Maybe there are some other issues with the motherboard, like VT-x support or something...

I will try to get my processor checked out on some other motherboard and see if there's still a problem.

Thank you for your help

Aleks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you would like to setup RMA for your processor, do not hesitate to contact Intel at http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Warranty support

Allan.
0 Kudos