Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

i7 7700k High Temperature when load is 100%

CBell5
Beginner

Hi, I have high temperature with the i7 7700k when I do load test to 100%. They ocillate between 80° and 85°. The ambient temperature is around 24°.

The processor has teir stock values (No OC)

The Temperatures are correct? Do not compromise the useful life of the processor? What are the normal operating temperatures?

The specifications of my system

• Processor: i7-7700k
  • Mother: Gigabyte Z270 Ga Gaming
  • Memory: 16GB Corsair 3200mhz Vengance LED
  • Power Supply: Corsair VS650
  • Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB
  • Cooling: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid
  • Case: Corsair Spec Alpha with 5 FANs 120mm

The airflow in the cabinet is correctly configured

Regards

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Carlos, hope the information was helpful.

Regards,

Amy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Carlos,

I would like to start by explaining that the TJUNCTION for this specific model is 100°C, this means that any number below this temperature is completely fine. One more thing I would like to let you know is that running a load test is a CPU intensive task meaning that it will add workload to the processor and therefore, the temperature will go up.

Regarding the tool you are using, Core Temp, I am aware that the first column(see below) shows the current value of the processor. This means that you should be focusing on that column when running the test instead of Max column. The Max column is just for reference for the maximum parameters that your processor could reach, it does not indicate the temperature when the computer is running.

Based on the explanation before, these temperatures(on the green square) are completely fine. The unit is behaving as expected.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Carlos, hope the information was helpful.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CBell5
Beginner

Thanks Amy for the explanation. It was useful for me. Sorry for not response on time.

Regards.

Carlos.

idata
Employee

Not a problem Carlos, I am glad to hear this was helpful.

If you have more questions regarding this or any other matter, please just let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos