Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14792 Discussions

i714700k PRO-Z790-A-MAX-WIFI Unstable

loboviejo79
Beginner

Hello, what I see is that with this configuration the 14700k CPU works at a frequency: ProcessorIntel Core i7 14700K ProcessorClock frequency3.394MHz (3.400MHz)Average clock frequencyN / AMedium temperatureN / APhysical/logical processors1 / 28# of cores20PackageFCLGA1700Manufacturing process7 nautical milesTDP125W It's like you lose a lot of power in the processor, how bad it is and if it goes up too much it crashes. I'm using a GPU 3080 10Gb as a video card. I wanted to know if upgrading the video card to a 4070ti super could improve the performance of the processor. -?

04.jpeg02.jpeg03.jpeg01.jpegNZXT_CAM_1716392909.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello loboviejo79, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. I noticed you are inquiring about updating your graphics card to a 4070ti. I can also see that you posting due to the crashes that you are experiencing. For now, I do want to investigate this properly for you before upgrading your system. As such, may I please know the list of the software that is experiencing the crashes? Are there any error message that appears as well? 

You may also share with us the SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your system configuration. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello loboviejo79, 

I am just looking for an update regarding the information we requested. Kindly please let me know about this information so we can identify the next steps that needs to be taken to solve this issue. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
loboviejo79
Beginner

In my case the whole problem with the 14700k processor is the turbobost, which drives the processor to 5.5ghz all the time, which causes the temperatures to rise so that the processor works at its maximum and produces crashes in games and applications, try configuring it at 2533 and 253 and 400w limiting this but the same problem when starting the processor is always at 5.5 ghz, by deactivating the turbobost this is solved but I understand that I am not using the processor when I need it at its speed since when deactivating the turbobost it remains at 3.4 or 3.6 ghz working... this would have to be progressive depending on what the software or application needs until reaching 5.5 ghz but we cannot have it working at 5.5 ghz all the time, it is the same as having a motor and it is working all the time. time at its maximum, the moment will come when it will overheat and also its wear will be much faster. - I want to say that I have a 360 watercooler, I hope that this will be solved by Intel and the motherboards and I will not be setting so much since an end user who does not Understand about the system, you don't have to be touching the entire bios to be able to make your PC work for what I paid.,-

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello loboviejo79, 

Thank you for detailing the issue you encountered regarding the processor's frequency. I want to let you know that Intel is aware of reports regarding Intel Core 13th and 14th Gen unlocked desktop processors experiencing issues with certain workloads. We’re engaged with our partners and are conducting analysis of the reported issues. For now, kindly please try to follow the steps: 

1. Install the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) application to check if there are any signs of thermal throttling.
  2. Try using different Power Options. 
  3. Check if there's any physical damage.
  4. Verify that all key hardware components are fully compatible.
  5. Undo any recent hardware or software changes. 
  6. Load BIOS default or update BIOS.
  7. Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (Intel PDT) to verify the functionality of the processor.

If the issue still persists after doing so, feel free to let us know. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos