Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15134 Discussions

i9 11900KF Temps going high while gaming

Manel
Beginner
Hello guys , i just made this account to ask this certain question..

I’ve been playing the latest Cyberpunk 2.0 Update DLC

While playing the game and monitoring my temperatures i started seeing the cpu reaching temps of 96 even some spikes to 100 degrees celsius.

The computer at idle sits at 43 degrees celsius and on other programs / games the temps sit just fine at 80 degrees max

This one case in particular scares me as i instantly closed the game after seeing those temps
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Manel

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand that you are worried about the temperature spikes you are having, however, keep in mind that is not necessarily a cause for concern.

When the system is idle, the temperature of the processor is not as high as when the system is running a workload. Having temperature spikes or having high or maximum temperatures while running a workload—such as games—isn't necessarily cause for concern. Intel processors constantly monitor their temperature and can rapidly adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage.

Nonetheless, we recommend you follow this article: Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors

Once every step has been taken, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Manel

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to follow the guide? 

Let us know if you still need assistance by attaching the report. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Manel

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos