Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14507 Discussions

i9 11900kf, problem

woor
Beginner

I have an i9 11900kf on a Gigabyte Aorus Master z590 MB, 32GB RAM corsair 2133, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070 GPU, beQuiet Dark Rock Pro4 CPU cooler.

The problem: cpu core 2 and core 3 runs from 4700 to 5300 MHz while the other cores 4700 to 5100 MHz as BIOS, CPU Z and other monitoring software shows. Sometimes in demanding programs or games PC freezes and then restart. Temps range from 37 -40 C in idle to 70-74 C in full load (e.g. RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 max settings).

No overclocking, all settings in BIOS are on default.

Any idea what s happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, I just received an update on this matter.

Since the information about the cores is actually being shown on a 3rd party tool, then the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of that tool to verify and confirm directly with them the details showing in there. The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is the application that we rely on since it is very accurate, the fact that the Intel® processor passed that test means, in this case, that there are no hardware problems with the unit.

Additionally, it is important also to know that a frequency difference between the cores does not mean that something is wrong, on the contrary, that is totally expected since the processor will distribute the resources as needed; however, not all cores can run at the highest frequency. In order to verify that information, please check the question mark for the Turbo Boost 3.0 in the link below where it says that it will identify the best performing core(s) and increase their performance:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212321/intel-core-i9-11900kf-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

Now, in regards to the freezes, we would recommend increasing the memory speed since you are using high demanding apps and the processor supports up to 3200MHz.

As an option as well, you can always install and run the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility since it shows the core frequency and voltage in real-time for you to be able to monitor it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, "Any idea what s happening?", it is very difficult to determine exactly what might be the problem since at this point it could be related to any of the components in your system.

"Temps range from 37 -40 C in idle to 70-74 C in full load", those are actually very good temperature readings since the T-junction of the is 

100°C, any temperature below that value is considered normal and expected as you can see in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212321/intel-core-i9-11900kf-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-30-ghz.html

The memory RAM "32GB RAM corsair 2133", also is the proper one, actually, this Intel® processor works with DDR4-3200, as you can confirm in the link above as well.

How many memory RAM sticks are you using?

In order to out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® processor, we suggest to install the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it is a very reliable tool and it does an overall test on the unit, if it passes the test it means it is actually working properly and there are no hardware problems with it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

You said the PC freezes while playing games like RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, this problem, does it also happens with other games?

Did you check the system requirements of those other games and applications to make sure your system complies with them?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

What is the model of the SSD/HDD that you are using?

What is the model of the power supply and how much wattage does it have?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
woor
Beginner

"Temps range from 37 -40 C in idle to 70-74 C in full load", those are actually very good temperature readings since the T-junction of the is 

100°C, any temperature below that value is considered normal and expected as you can see in the following link:

Yes, i know and that s one of the reasons i don t know what s happening

The memory RAM "32GB RAM corsair 2133", also is the proper one, actually, this Intel® processor works with DDR4-3200, as you can confirm in the link above as well.

How many memory RAM sticks are you using?

4 sticks

In order to out a possible hardware problem with the Intel® processor, we suggest to install the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool, it is a very reliable tool and it does an overall test on the unit, if it passes the test it means it is actually working properly and there are no hardware problems with it:

Installed and all tests passed.

You said the PC freezes while playing games like RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, this problem, does it also happens with other games?

Yes. I gave this example because it s a demanding game.

Did you check the system requirements of those other games and applications to make sure your system complies with them?

Yes.

Is this a new computer?

Yes, just assembled last week. CPU, motherboard and GPU are new, memory and power supply (Corsair TX 750M) are from the old PC.

Was it working fine before?

It works right now but as i said, under load sometimes freezes and restart. 

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

No, in fact i just transferred SSD and HDD from the old PC without any instalations.

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Win 10, 21H1

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

At home.

What is the model of the SSD/HDD that you are using?

Kingston SA400.... 1TB.

What is the model of the power supply and how much wattage does it have?

Corsair TX750M, 750W

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

Attached below.

Answered all the questions in bold.

Thank you for answering.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

Perfect, excellent, the fact that the processor passed the Intel® PDT test indicates there is no hardware issue with the unit. The power supply and the wattage of it also look good.

I can see in the SSU report that the model of the board is Z590 AORUS MASTER, please get in contact with Gibayte directly to make sure the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your system or to gather the instructions on how to do that.

Additionally, please get in contact directly with Nvidia as well to make sure their latest graphics driver is the one currently installed or for them to provide the details on how to install it.

We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, by any chance, do you have the option to provide a picture or a screenshot where you are seeing the "cpu core 2 and core 3 runs from 4700 to 5300 MHz while the other cores 4700 to 5100 MHz as BIOS?"

Regarding the PC getting freeze during games, as additional troubleshooting steps to try, we always recommend testing the PC using the very basic configuration, in this case, you can try to run the games using just one memory stick at a time with all the 4 sticks on all the memory slots to rule out a possible problem with one of the Memory RAM sticks or with any of the memory slots.

Same thing with the HDD/SSD, if you have the option of course, try a different HDD/SSD to make sure there are no hardware problems with any of those components.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
woor
Beginner

Added a photo of BIOS. Hope it helps

0 Kudos
woor
Beginner

I m still waiting for an answer on why those numbers on core 2 and 3 are different from other cores.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, Thank you very much for providing the picture.

We will do further research on this matter in order to try to explain "why those numbers on core 2 and 3 are different from other cores", based on the fact that the Intel® processor passed the testings and it is working properly and also that those readings in the picture belong to a 3rd party tool. 

As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, I just received an update on this matter.

Since the information about the cores is actually being shown on a 3rd party tool, then the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of that tool to verify and confirm directly with them the details showing in there. The Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool is the application that we rely on since it is very accurate, the fact that the Intel® processor passed that test means, in this case, that there are no hardware problems with the unit.

Additionally, it is important also to know that a frequency difference between the cores does not mean that something is wrong, on the contrary, that is totally expected since the processor will distribute the resources as needed; however, not all cores can run at the highest frequency. In order to verify that information, please check the question mark for the Turbo Boost 3.0 in the link below where it says that it will identify the best performing core(s) and increase their performance:

Now, in regards to the freezes, we would recommend increasing the memory speed since you are using high demanding apps and the processor supports up to 3200MHz.

As an option as well, you can always install and run the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility since it shows the core frequency and voltage in real-time for you to be able to monitor it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29183/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
woor
Beginner

You can close or delete the thread.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

woor, Thank you very much for your response.

As per your request, we will now close the case.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos