Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

i9 13900k PCI-E 5.0 GPU + SSD

Lab_Experiment
Beginner
I9-13900KS Intel website page says:

"PCI Express Revision: 5.0 and 4.0"

"PCI Express ConfigurationsUp to 1x16+4, 2x8+4"

Does that mean the CPU can support a PCI-E 5.0 x16 GPU and PCIE 5.0 x4 M.2 SSD simultaneously?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Lab_Experiment,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see you want to know about the PCI-E support by your Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor, I will be happy to help you.

I will start with an investigation to provide you with the information, as soon I have further details I will let you know.

Regards,

Andres P.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Lab_Experiment,

I have been working on the investigation, PCI Express Revision means is the supported version of the PCI Express standard. The different PCI Express versions support different data rates and their different versions 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0.

PCI Express (PCIe) Configurations describe the available PCIe lane configurations that can be used to link to PCIe devices. Example: Up to 1x16+4, 2x8+4. Both depend on the motherboard specifications. 

If the CPU can support a PCI-E 5.0 x16 GPU and PCIE 5.0 x4 M.2 SSD simultaneously will depend on the motherboard, what I can tell you is that you need to check that the motherboard supports PCI Revision 5.0, the other support is it can be used simultaneously depends on the manufacturer.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,  

Andres P.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Lab_Experiment,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Lab_Experiment,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andres P.

0 Kudos