Beginner
Hi there,

- CPU: i9-14900KF
- GPU: RTX 4080
- 32 GB RAM XMP1 6000MHZ
- MOBO: Gigabyte z790 Gaming X AX
- PSU:  Seasonic VERTEX GX, 80+ Gold, 1000W PSU
- AIO: NZXT 360 KRAKEN

So I built this PC in December 2023, and at first it worked perfectly, no errors in games, good temps, everything was smooth. However, a few months ago, I received an error (out of video memory) while trying to play Fortnite, and BF2042 was also crashing.

After some research I found the issues with i9-13/14 gens, and went into BIOS to set up PL1+PL2=253W, ICCMAX=400, MCE=disabled. This thing fixed my issues with these specific games, but today while trying a new game (The First Descendant) I crashed at the shaders screen with the same error as months ago (out of video memory).  The only thing that seemed to fix loading the shaders was to lower my resolution to 1080p and all graphics on Low, and then I reverted them at default. 

Now I'm afraid that my CPU is degrading, because I tried running Fortnite again and it crashed, but after another try it worked well. Same with BF2042, after a session I noticed in HWINFO that my CPU went to 92° lol. Max I had was 80-85. This is probably because of the hot weather right now here (35° almost daily). On idle my CPU temps are at 35-36, where in winter the CPU idle temps were at 27.

I ran CB R15 like 10 times, and below you can see the HWINFO readings with a WHEA error:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Internal parity error
Processor APIC ID: 16

The details view of this entry contains further information.

AlecuRusso_0-1719951552261.png

I hope there is someone who can help me with stabilizing this system, because I invested a bit in it. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlecuRusso
Beginner

As an update, I just did a run of Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it passed the test. Below are the HWINFO readings:

AlecuRusso_0-1720028029719.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlecuRusso,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For the BSOD issue, kindly open the community link where we posted our recommendations and follow the provided settings that you need to set inside the BIOS then tell us if there is an improvement. 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Updated-Guidance-RE-Reports-of-13th-14th-Gen-Unlocked-Desktop/m-p/1594553

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlecuRusso
Beginner

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

You suggested the recommendations for the BSOD issue, however, I did not receive any BSOD when doing the above tests.

0 Kudos
odzx
Beginner

This is pitiful . My 14900K running intel stock settings is still degrading , I bought this on release and always ran intel specs . Eventually it started crashing doing unpacks and repacks , Now it crashes on every Unreal Engine game .. I keep turning down the settings until its stable which lasts a month then it starts crashing again , turn down settings , after a month crashes again, soon i will be running i5 speeds ! What is Intel doing ? Nothing? are we going to have to start a class action lawsuit , These faulty CPUs need to be recalled or refunded...

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlecuRusso,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The recommendations for this link is for BSOD, stability issue and crashing. If you will open the link, the title of the thread is:

"Updated Guidance RE: Reports of 13th/14th Gen Unlocked Desktop Processor Stability Issues"

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Updated-Guidance-RE-Reports-of-13th-14th-Gen-Unlocked-Desktop/m-p/1594553

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello AlecuRusso,

I hope this message finds you well. 

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello AlecuRusso,

We would like to know if you have any questions regarding the recommendation that we have provided.

If so, kindly inform me, as we would be glad to assist you. 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos