Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14722 Discussions

i9 14900k 2300 MHz

johnmann
Beginner

question have an asus z790 e gaming wifi ll and i9 14900 k at the beginning HWMonitor showed high mhz on p-core 5900 mhz as I remember it but after I have updated the bios it is only at 2300mhz on p-core is it not wrong and why?

it looks like its locked at 2300 max is it possible

0 Kudos
9 Replies
pressed_for_time
New Contributor I

HWMonitor can produce odd results. To check your CPU I would suggest the use of HWiNFO64 instead. It can be downloaded from here .

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner
does not seem to change anything lies at 2300 MHz in p-core

MHz.png 

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnmann, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. In order to help you with this inquiry, may I please know the BIOS version that you updated to? Are there any recent changes that you made aside from this as well? Please also share with us your SSU logs so I can be more familiar with your system configuration. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner

Hi Ramyer

My current BIOS ver. is 1202 the bios ver. I updated to when it started running 2300 MHz was Versione before

I have tried to go back to first ver, bios but without it changed anything

I haven't changed as much in BIOS as I don't have that much understanding of it.

I have on putting it to optimizer but with no luck in MHz
I have tried pressing F5 to zero quiet instillations in BIOS as I understand it does.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnmann, 

Thank you for responding to back to us. I have tried opening the logs but I can't help but notice these are not the .txt files. I kindly ask if you can provide to us so we can check for possible errors and be more familiar with your system. You may follow this article: How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*

Additionally, were you able to remember the previous BIOS version of your system?  Could you please tell us the steps you have taken in updating your BIOS? This way we can check if there anything we have missed in the process. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner

Hi Ramyer

thanks for your reply.

I can see that it is the wrong log file I have sent, I have attached a new one which I believe is correct

as for my bios when i built the computer my bios was ver. 0220 there after I updated to ver. 1102 this is where it started running with 2300 mhz

I have now updated to ver. 1202

0 Kudos
johnmann
Beginner

can't quite understand if you hear how I updated my bios, but now I'm just cutting it.

I downloaded it from the asus website and then renamed the bios file using biosrenamer, then saved the file on a formatted usb stick.

then I started the computer in the bios and went to the Asus EZ flash utility there I could then see my usb stick with the file and updated from there

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello johnmann, 

Thank you for resending correct logs. The reason why I asked on how the BIOS was updated is only due to the previous logs you have sent. Seeing the correct one, I can confirm that you have successfully updated your BIOS to version 1202. 

I do want to ask additional details before I coordinate this with our team, aside from the CPU being limited to 2300mhz , are you experiencing crashes or stuttering in your system as well? The reason I ask is because this will allow us to fully address the issues that you are experiencing. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos