Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15282 Discussions

i9 14900k There is a problem with the game

gamerXp
Beginner

My computer specification is

i9 14900k/rog Z790-E/rog rtx4090/ram corsair ddr6200/psu rog thor 1200w/cooler rog ryujin III...no oc no xmp.

game has a problem. For example game CS2

Can't enter,freeze,bounce out,restart,used to enter,like to fall out of the enter,not notify anything. Sometimes the smoke in the game is out of the game.

other games don't have any proplem.

the latest Bios update,the lasest graphic card is out date,and the new windows 11 has been update 3 times, it's not better.

So i'll test it by cpu i5 13500 By using the same spec ,there were no problems at all.

I think the problem is from game problem with cpu 14900 gen14 by directly.

Now i want to sell cpu intel to change to switch to cpu amd. Because it is not fixed.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello gamerXp,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. We have heard of issues concerning our 13th and 14th Gen Unlocked processors. We would like to suggest the following steps to try and fix the issue. Please see below:

1. Install Intel® XTU(link below) and run AVX2 test, and if AVX2 test failure is seen proceed to Step 2.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

2. Access the BIOS settings and select Advanced (F7) > AI Tweaker > SVID Behavior: Change to “Intel’s Fail Safe”

3. Reboot to OS and run Intel® XTU test again and if the AVX2 test can pass.

4. Run CS2 and see if the issue happens again.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
LFSM
Beginner

Hi Mr. @JayB_Intel 

I have a very simmilar setup such as @gamerXp , however with a rtx3080, Kingston Memory 6000mhz and a 850W psu.

I tried your steps and it worked out, for now! I have a simple question: Should i turn XMP on? I've disable it and it helped with CS2, but i'm running ram @4200mhz. Is it possible the crashes on CS2 (everytime when molo+smoke or flash) return if i turn XMP on again? 

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello gamerXp, 

I am just checking if the troubleshooting we have suggested worked for you. If the issue still persists please let us know. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
marsianeca
Novice

hey i did your thing it worked, but after few days of joy playing the game i updated windows and everything is the same again... wtf 

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hello @marsianeca,

Thank you for posting in our Intel communities.

Please file a new case/thread regarding your concern so that we can focus our resources in answering your queries., as your system specifications might be different from gamerXp. Thank you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Best Regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel
Employee

Hi gamerXp,

I hope you are doing well. Since we have not heard any feedback regarding our previous post, we will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jay B.

0 Kudos
oscargonzalez
Beginner
Hello, I have a similar problem, I have a computer armed with: intel core i9 14900k, msi z690 unify, 64gb ddr5 6000mhz kingston fury, galax rtx 3090, 1tera ssd western digital sn850x, Fuentecoolermaster 850w 80 plus gold, everything works perfectly for me but when I enter counter strike 2, as good as I am, the game closes out of nowhere, sometimes it crashes and sometimes it happens to me that my PC freezes so I have to restart it, it only happens to me with this game, any solution? ?? thank you
0 Kudos