Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14918 Discussions

intel core i5 650 drivers

idata
Employee

Hey there.

I'm looking to update my drivers for my intel core i5 650 processor. I'm running Win7 home premium, and i have tryed to download this one: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19469&ProdId=3155&lang=eng http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19469&ProdId=3155&lang=eng

When i'm trying to install it, it says that my system, ain't having the minimal recruitments. My old driver version is apparently version 6.1.7600.16385 which is from 2006. I bought the computer here a few months ago, so i don't really know.

I'm trying to update all my drivers atm, because my screen is freezing sometimes in games. It happens like 2-3 times a day, and i have to reboot my computer every single time. a World of Warcraft gm, told me that i should try to update Graphic, audio, network and chipset.

idk if this helps, but anyway here it comes:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel Core i5 CPU 650 3.20 Hz

8192 MB RAM

DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Version: 8.17.12.6099

Date: 22-10-2010

DDI-version 10
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi teh link you provided is for teh Intel graphics drivers... which is why you cant update them as i should imagine you will be using NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250. So there is no need for any specific drivers for your CPU. You could indeed update teh chipset and nvidia GPU drivers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi teh link you provided is for teh Intel graphics drivers... which is why you cant update them as i should imagine you will be using NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250. So there is no need for any specific drivers for your CPU. You could indeed update teh chipset and nvidia GPU drivers

0 Kudos
THigh
Beginner

Hi, i understand that this is an old post, but, your answer didnt really help anyone looking for i5 drivers, you just said this specific person didnt need graphic drivers for the i5 processor, which is understandable, and "correct" but, when i google "I5 650 drivers" this comes up, and the true question is not answered. no one told him where to get them.

0 Kudos