Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14503 Discussions

intel gen 11 power management does not work at windows 10/11

vlasovsergey
Beginner

Hello, I have HP 14s laptop with intel pentium 7505 processor and windows 11

I'm trying to limit frequency and CPU usage to extend battery life but changing the settings does not affect the frequency in any way.

It was the same before the update windows from 10 to 11

4.jpg

2.jpg1.jpg

5.jpg

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello vlasovsergey,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the information provided and the troubleshooting steps performed. In order to better assist you, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

As well, if you have not already, I recommend you to contact HP , since some manufacturers may limit the power options in order to get a certain performance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos