Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14652 Discussions

ismc and Thre poolmon high RAM

Daemc
Beginner

Hello,

I was checking poolmon these days after my ram usage spiked, and found both ismc and Thre with unusually high RAM usage.

Thing is, I've no idea where they came from, and both show as originating from Temp files. I have never installed IRST, and the ismc seems to be from a 7th and 8th gen version, unlike my laptop's 11th gen i7-11370h CPU.

Is it safe to delete their Temp folders? Should I install IRST afterwards? Is there any reason why said files somehow appeared in my Temp folder?

I've attached a poolmon screenshot from a couple days ago, as well as CMD telling me said processes origins.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

General rule for Intel RST - If you are not going to use RAID or an Optane Module, you don't need - and should not install - Intel RST.

...S

Daemc
Beginner

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried deleting the folder that cmd tells me that both drivers are at, since they don't show up on device manager or anything else, but they still show up and eat RAM, and if I restart the computer, the folders get remade.

Is there any cause, or, more importantly, any way to fix this and delete it permanently?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Daemc  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to suggest an OS clean reinstallation, to delete any possible corrupted drivers or files. 

However, you might consider verifying with your System Manufacturer why RST drivers/ files are running in the background, it can be a customization made by them and we don’t know if that is needed. If that is consuming a lot of RAM, we recommend you confirm this with them before anything. 

I couldn't see anything related to RST in the screenshots, but I understand that you did hence my suggestion is the above.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Daemc    

I hope you are great. 

I am checking this thread and I would like to know if you were able to perform the steps in my previous post.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Daemc       

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. I hope you could see my last post. 

If you need any further assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos