Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15422 Discussions

trying to run cinebench r23 with i9 13900kf but software crashing everytime.

anto20kr
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to run cinebench r23 with i9 13900kf but software crashing everytime.

It's okay on single core benchmark but when i try to run multicore benchmark it crashes.

I have done little bit of undervolting due to high core temp going above 110 when testing.
currently at core synced at 56 multiplier with 8 e-core enabled and synced at 45 multiplier. offset of -0.0117 v for core volt with IccMax of 400 A due to unlocked shows throttling on ring. with all other on default. ram at ddr-5 at 6600mhz with 1.4 volt from xmp II config. and no other config changes.

i attached crash log from cinebench r23 along with SSU file.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello anto20kr, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Just to confirm, are you doing a stress test when the software crashes? I want to set your expectation that we can not comment on the benchmarking results of 3rd party software such as Cinebench as they might have used a different technology or criteria in doing the test. You may use our own software, Intel Extreme Tuning Utility for benchmarking and stress testing your system. 

I did check your SSU logs and found out that the BIOS version of your motherboard has several gaps on the latest version available for your ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO. What I do recommend is updating this first , two versions at a time to make sure your system in optimal settings. You may use this link for the BIOS file: ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO. To make sure everything run smoothly, you may try upgrading from 0816 to 1202, 1202 to 1402. 1402 to 1801, 1801 to 2002, and 2002 to 2102 before doing the stress test. 

Also, when you mention the core temp goes to 110, may I please know what software you have used to monitor these temperatures? Could you also please let me know is the cooling system that you have used in your system? 

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
anto20kr
Beginner

as you suggested, i have updated the bios and attached is the new ssu and here is the xtu information after some undervolting. 
thermal throttle happens before undervolting and because it's above 100 degrees. and started to crash so i changed the intel svid behavior to fail safe. i have nzxt kraken elite with corsair 1000D case so plenty of space with 9 other fans excluding 3 cpu radiator fans. 

anto20kr_0-1712809615615.png

anto20kr_1-1712809636837.png

anto20kr_2-1712809672428.png

0 Kudos
anto20kr
Beginner

i also have tested avx2 stress test as other posts suggested. but it also crashes without any adjustement to voltage or thermal/power limitation. cooling looks good from what i see in the nzxt monitoring software. 

anto20kr_3-1712810275678.png

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello anto20kr, 

From the troubleshooting steps you have taken, it seems that the CPU is faulty. I did send you an email for the next steps we need to take. Kindly please check your inbox for more information. Thank you. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RJHulst
Beginner
i am having this same exact issue. about a month and a half old cpu. i9-13900k. anything you can do?
0 Kudos
anto20kr
Beginner

So ultimately they determined my cpu was indeed was faulty and they asked me for a serial# and some information. My cpu was from a 3rd party manufacturer from cyberpowerPc and was containing what is called a tray cpu (not bought as a full boxed cpu) when those companies purchases a batch of cpu for cheaper pricing i think? they said they are not able to do anything about it and asked me to contact the 3rd party seller. mine was voided warranty due to my upgrade (new mobo, case; basically everything except cpu and gpu). but if you purchased cpu from a seller as a boxed cpu, then you should inquire intel warranty.

I know they are rolling out with new BIOS to fix some of the issue which is expected to be released in July of 2024 to update recently found a major bios bug that may fix some parts of the issue (but not a full fix from what i understood) that deals with power consumption and adjustment when higher volt is used. there is something called intel base profile that will limit power which may reduce some error for now.

i do not know if they will replace the cpu as they are rolling out with updates but you may be able to?

hope this helps

p.s. for the BIOS update, you have to see your motherboard's manufacturer.

0 Kudos