Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

upgraded to a 10700 from 2700x now minecraft lags when i run any kind of shader...

Confusiarch
Beginner

Upgraded to a 10700 from a ryzen 2700x now minecraft lags when I run any kind of shader...

Anyone got any idea what could be causing this?

I think I updated all drivers but could I have missed something less obvious? 

Or is intel just **bleep** with minecraft? I've not used it in decades so I wouldn't know

I've never had this problem like ever before this...

the game runs fine if I run it in boring standard graphics potato mode... but if I try shaders or the super fancy graphics option that disable shaders it inevitably start lagging... I cant imagine why...

Like the one time I try out team blue all I get is disappointment!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Upgrading from an AMD processor to an Intel processor means you also changed motherboards, etc.  Why not provide all the information rather than dumping on the processor without cause?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Confusiarch
Beginner

ASRock Z490 Pro4

should be a perfectly fine motherboard 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are still not providing all the info.

What graphics before, and after?  Were you using a card, or onboard?

How much memory before, and after.

0 Kudos
Confusiarch
Beginner

oh the card its a 1080 TI same as i ran before the CPU, motherboard and ram and drivers are the only change.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

And, did you update the board bios?   And, nothing could possibly be wrong with the board, right?

Run the IPDT.  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

If it passes, the problem is likely somewhere else.  And, no more "bleep"ing.  A custom built system is more than just picking components.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One more thing -- did you do a clean install of the OS?

0 Kudos
Confusiarch
Beginner

no i can really do that at the moment but the issue may have resolved itself seams a jre update croped up just troday... i assume they where late to supporty it but i've not had a play session long enough to really be sure if it worked or not...

I would have expected such things to be resolved by now.. i mean rocket lake has been out a while oh well...

0 Kudos
Confusiarch
Beginner

also got 4000Mhz ripjaw ram for it which was on the motherboard QVL list so it should and high spec combination.

Also i think i am fully justfied in **bleep**ting on the CPU when i've never ever ever ever had this kind of constant slow down ever before... i mean not even when i run on my weakest ryzen systems.

that suggest there is something that is not very optimized...

That or i missed some key some key driver but i am pretty sure i installed everything from the motherboard vendor and made sure or straight from the related vendor and uninstalled any old drivers.

So i think a bit of disappointment is fully justifiable!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Confusiarch

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Please confirm if the issue was resolved, or if you still need assistance. In case the problem persists, please test the steps provided by other community members and let us know the outcome. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Confusiarch
Beginner

well i would really have to play a bit longer to be 100% sure but it seams like the latest java rune time environment update fixed the issue... at least for now so clearly that was not optimized before.. 

wonder if that patch came out that exact day hmmm.. i would have expected  it to prompt an update earlier otherwise.

should have suspected the JRE

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Confusiarch

A couple of days have passed and we would like to know if you tested the game. Please let us know if you still need assistance, if the issue was resolved or if we can close the thread.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Confusiarch

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos