Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

virtualization disable by an software

RRuiv1
Beginner

Hi,

Anyone already experience some thing like after install an app your processor no longer support virtualization? Because i did, i format my notebook that has an i7-4700MQ he supports virtualization and after installing visual studio community in my windows 10 that virtualization support turns off. In BIOS is on, apparently the Hyper-V in windows is on too because it have the V in the square, but in Intel processor identification utility it says virtualization is off and to confirm my virtualbox don't let me start my 64bit images. I can i resolve this?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, TcoUpLoad:

Have you tried updating your BIOS version to the latest?

Regards,

0 Kudos
RRuiv1
Beginner

Thanks for anything, but is not about the bios... and it is already resolve... a put this same question in the microsoft technet forum and an user named Bill Grant gave me the resolve solution and explanation..

Uninstall Hyper-V. The only other way is to modify the hypervisorlaunchtype from bcdedit so that the hypervisor is not loaded.

When you install Hyper-V the hypervisorlaunchtype is set to auto and the hypervisor is loaded before Windows boots. The hypervisor has control of hardware virtualization, not the OS. If the hypervisor is not loaded, the OS has control of hardware virtualization and VirtualBox can access it (but Hyper-v vms and emulators will not run).

Amy_C_Intel
Employee

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

0 Kudos