Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14957 Discussions

workstaion with endless reboots

idata
Employee

Hi,

i have got the following problem:

our new 2 workstations alwaysy rebooting when Win7 Pro say "Services will start". With a Kaspersky Rescue disk an a Win PE it is the same.

ASUS Support says the CPU is damaged, but when i say "two Workstations with the same problem!?!?", they say "ohhh, the it must be the RAM" :-(

Google helps us to find the solution:

Hyperthreating deactivate an reducing the CPU to only 3 cores. It helps, but its not a solution for me.

Intel say change the voltage from 1,2V to 1,225. Kaspersky Disk like this and worked, but Windows not. RAM from 1,5V to 1,6V but no :-(

Here my Hardware for two workstations

Anybody can help???

ASUS P8B WS B3

4 x Kingston ECC RAM KVR1333D3E9S/8GB (with 8GB the same) 1,5V -> normal nonECC Corsair RAM

BeQuiet E8-550W Straight Power -> Enermax 650W

XEON E3-1270 V1 (3,4GHz/80W)

PNY Quadro FX4000 -> simple PCIe G-Karte von ASUS

WD 3000HLHX Raptor 300GB -> 320GB Seagate

Greetings

P

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Please let us know the exact service that you are trying to load at the time the system reboots.

Also what happen if you do not use Kaspersky* at all? Do you get the exact same error?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

when i boot to windows theres the info, that the services will start. At this time the computer will reboot. today i used a pentium b670 and it works fine. a i7-2600 cause the same error. :-(

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Please try running a different image of the operating system installed, to see if that helps.

Try building a brand new installer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

What do you mean? The Windows disk is new.

Ok, another disk - same problem :-( WHS2011 also the same problem :-(

When i deacivate HT and take only 3 cores it works. When i use 4 cores an deactivate HT the safe mode works.

Today i use a Xeon 1240 an the exact same error. I changed all things(VideoCard, RAM, PowerSupply to Corsair 650W), only the boad is the same. No changes - same error. I hate it!

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

I was looking for the Intel Pentium® B670 processor that you mention, but I cannot find any Intel processor with that model number.

Can you please double check the processor model number?

Also it is very estrange that everything works fine with some processors and it does not work with other processors, so it has to be some kind of hardware requirement that those processors do not comply with.

I would like to have the exact processor model number that is working fine so I can compare to one of the processors that is not working fine in this particular environment, to see if we can find any particular difference.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry, sorry!! It was a pentium g620. my poor handwriting ... :-)

Different enough? But cpu's not cheap, and i can not use endless others...

greetings

0 Kudos
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Sir, at this point since, the processor is working fine on other systems, and the issue is only with this particular system, it has to be some kind of compatibility issue with the motherboard, I see no other reason for this issue.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, but ASUS say that the processor can be used. ok, no solution , no hope - new board will be orderd on monday. Thanks for your tipps.

greetings

0 Kudos