Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20957 Discussions

5AGXFB7K4F40I3N und 5AGXFB7K4F40I3G

Udostut
Beginner

Hello All,

we want to order Arria V FPGAs with the ordering code 5AGXFB7K4F40I3N or 5AGXFB7K4F40I3G.

Now we get info about different packages with the N or G at the last position in the ordering code and a third package called flip chip package. We need info about the thermal characteristics of all three packages. Is the RTH Junction to ambient at all the same or is there a  difference?.

We glue a cooling shield on the top to reduce the heat inside. Can someone help me to understand the three different packages with the same ordering code? Two figures  with the difference of N and G in the ordering code. From the third I do not have a figure but it has the G at the end.

Udostut_4-1718021860541.png

Udostut_5-1718021870145.png

Please send a mail to udo.stueting@heitec.de and in copy to Maximilian.landgraf@heitec.de

Best Regards

Udo

Labels (1)
3 Replies
wuyuetian
New Contributor I

Regarding the replacement ordering issue of 5AGXFB7K4F40I3N and 5AGXFB7K4F40I3G, we have set up a special team to study and achieve good results. Are you interested in joining?
Email: jack@aceicc.com

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can view the description for the device number from device Arria V overview below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683440/current/arria-v-device-overview.html#:~:text=The%20Arria%C2%AE%20V%20devices,signal%20processing%20(DSP)%20applications.

The differences between 'G' and 'N' suffix is only for ROHS. I can say that there is no functionalities different between those part number 5AGXFB7K4F40I3N or 5AGXFB7K4F40I3G. Hence the thermal characteristic will also be the same.

Regards,

Aiman

NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos