Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Agilex: Device migration from HPS to non-HPS device

SLabe
Partner

Hello, I'm dealing with a board built for the following part number: agfb014es

The intent is to NOT use the HPS and migrate to the agfa12 when available. So that means all the HPS power pins were tied to ground as advised by Intel. However one set of pins was looked over, VCCIO_HPS, and were connected to 1.8V.

When the non HPS part agfa012 gets populated on the same board, will it cause any issues to have the VCCIO_HPS pins tied to 1.8V? I ask because the pinout file for pins AF21-AD21-AH21 specifies a GND connection.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

According to the Agilex HPS TRM, you need to connect these pins to 1.8-V power supply even if you do not intend to utilize the HPS in the Intel® Agilex™ device.

Do not leave the VCCIO_HPS floating or connected to GND.

The agfa012 variant specifies those pins as GND because it does not have VCCIO_HPS, as the agfb014es has them. This will not causes issues.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

According to the Agilex HPS TRM, you need to connect these pins to 1.8-V power supply even if you do not intend to utilize the HPS in the Intel® Agilex™ device.

Do not leave the VCCIO_HPS floating or connected to GND.

The agfa012 variant specifies those pins as GND because it does not have VCCIO_HPS, as the agfb014es has them. This will not causes issues.

0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner
0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner

@EBERLAZARE_I_Intel , I need to exchange private information with regards to application. Please contact me.

0 Kudos