Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGofs
Novice

Altera PLL and Altera PLL Dynamic reconfiguration : choose C-counter for two outputs simultaneously.

Good morning,

I'm working with Altera PLL/Altera PLL reconfig IP (Cyclone V).

The input to Altera PLL is 160 MHz ,the outputs are 125 MHz each with difference of 225 degrees .

Then I want to change both outputs to some another value: for example 120 MHz each. I can change value of M-counters, N-counters and C-Counters accordingly , but how can I choose two C-Counters simultaneously?

In addition I've received strange results in the simulation:

1). At the first reconfiguration both outputs are 125 MHz.

2).At the second reconfiguration first output is 20 MHz (according to M,N,C counters), but second output is 53.333 MHz -despite the fact , that only first counter was chosen.

What's happen?

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Did you get chance to do the simulation ? Ideally it shouldn't ..if your setting and counters values are correct..then you should get expected values for the both the output of the PLL.

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

AGofs
Novice

Good morning,

In order to check how Fractional N-PLL reconfiguration works at simulation , I've generated new project .

The project consists of PLL, RECONFIG_PLL and incoming/outcoming signals. PLL receives 160 MHz at its input and has only one output .

The initial output is 128 MHz, and then changes according to incoming data.

when I've used Fractional N-PLL, then simulation has stuck and stopped after 5000 iterations.

when I've used Integer N=PLL, then simulation works properly.

The TB is same for both N-PLL.

I'm working with ModelSim 10.5 Starter edition.

Why simulation of the Fractional N-PLL is sticking?

Hello,

i am not sure , Can you tell me is that struck /stopped after the Reconfiguration ?

anymore hints will help .

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

AGofs
Novice

Hello,

It sticks at the start of the Reconfiguration.

But I've found some errors at the TB. After repairing these errors, the TB seems working...

Sure , thank you for the update , can you kindly close the case if there is no further questions ?

Thank you ,

Regards,

Sree

AGofs
Novice

Yes, I think you can close the case....