Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20733 Discussions

Arria 10 Dev Kit Max II and USB microcontroller

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am designing a board similar to Arria 10 Dev Kit and want to add USB Blater II functionality. Do altera or any one has firmware for Max II and USB microcontroller? or do i have to write by myself. 

Regards 

Ras
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is a frequent question on the forum. Yes (of course) Altera has the design for the MAX II in the USB-Blaster. However it is not something they share - except with selected partners like Terasic. 

Against what spec would you write it yourself? 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

This is a frequent question on the forum. Yes (of course) Altera has the design for the MAX II in the USB-Blaster. However it is not something they share - except with selected partners like Terasic. 

Against what spec would you write it yourself? 

Cheers, 

Alex 

--- Quote End ---  

I got the instruction to make on board USB-Blaster. I just started I found the design in Arria 10 dev kit schematics but not sure about CPLD code i am new in this field.  

Regards 

Ras
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Edited  

Thanks a_x_h_75. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ras, you will not be able to simply read a pof from the CPLD in a USB-Blaster. It's a protected Altera IP. It's not this simple. If you have an 'instruction' or requirement for this in a design then the requirement is flawed - unless you work for a trusted Altera partner. 

Anand, I cannot believe that you, who claim to be posting 'on behalf of Intel Corporation', are encouraging forum members to download Altera protected IP, regardless of how futile your suggestion is. The language you use in your posts clearly implies you work for Intel. There a many Altera/Intel employees who do contribute regularly to this forum. I'm sure Intel, who also monitor this forum, would have something to say to any employee promoting the theft and piracy of their own products. 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

You cannot get the protected IP from Altera. There may be other open source versions that you could try on your own, but you wont get support from Altera for that.  

https://github.com/mithro/ixo-usb-jtag 

You could try look at the above link for starters. Protected IP is not available for general public, it may be available as an CPLD with built-in code from Altera that you could buy and use in your project. But this will have the functionality already in it and you will not be able to download/modify it.  

Abr
0 Kudos