Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20678 Discussions

Arria 10 SOC - FPGA to HPS Bridge : Connecting FPGA AXI4 Master to HPS Slave

Shenoy
Beginner

Hi, I want to connect AXI4 Master in the FPGA to the HPS. In the Qsys, I've connected my AXI4 master with f2h slave in the Arria10 HPS.

What I see during testing this implementation is that the slave is not asserting "awready" even though awvalid and proper address in present in the bus. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem here with the implementation?

Also, Please let me know if there's any Arria10 example design available with FPGA AXI4 Master connecting with HPS Slave though f2h bridge.

Regards,

Shenoy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Was there any error reported from Qsys/Platform Designer when generating the HDL?

0 Kudos
Shenoy
Beginner

Hi @EberL_Intel​ 

There's no error in the Qys when generating the HDL.

I had a working Avalon Master (FPGA Side) connected to F2H Bridge design.

Due to my requirements, I changed the Avalon interface (FPGA Sise) in that working design with AXI MM interface by using a proven Avalon to AXI MM Wrapper.

In the Qys, I have done the required changes for AXI MM interface and connected them with F2H Bridge.

Currently, I am not regenerating the software binaries. ie, SD Boot files. Is there a necessity to regenerate the fsbl, uboot, dtb etc for my above change?

Regards,

Shenoy

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi Shenoy,

I apologize for the delay in response.

Yes, for your case, you have made changes with the connections to the HPS in Qsys, you will have to regenerate the uboot, dtb etc, as these handoff files are based on the HPS settings that was made from Quartus.

Hopes this information helps.

Also, we do not have an Arria10 example design available with FPGA AXI4 Master connecting with HPS Slave F2H bridge.

We do however have a Arria 10 SoC guidelines for interconnection the HPS and FPGA of the Arria 10 SoC to help you:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an-a10-soc-device-design-guidelines.pdf

Regards,

Eber.

0 Kudos