Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Can ModelSim take a library cell delay?

PSriv8
Novice

I want to calculate the delay of a digital circuit, does model sim has any library which can provide a predefined delay so that the delay of the circuit can be calculated?

For example, is there any library that consists of a standard delay library for basic digital blocks such as multiplexers, decoders, logic gates, etc. so that the delay of a digital circuit made up of these basic blocks can be measured using ModelSim?

PS: I have an understanding that the programmer needs to provide a file with a predefined delay to calculate the time period of the clock signal, but I am designing an asynchronous digital circuit that does not have a clock signal as it is replaced by the Request and Acknowledgement signal, and I want to calculate the actual time taken by the circuit. If there is an existing library that consists of the delay of basic building blocks, the actual time taken by the circuit can be calculated, assuming that the wire delay is negligible. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

If you would like to perform timing analysis, I recommend using the Timing Analyzer tool in the Intel Quartus Software. There is no further support for Gate-level timing simulation in the Quartus supported EDA simulators e.g. Modelsim.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Best Regards,
Shyan Yew

0 Kudos