CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20751 Discussions

Cyclone® 10 GX10GX(10CX085YU484E5G)

XHD
Beginner

Hi

Aqid Ayman

Thank you for your  answer.

A1: We do not expect it to have thermal runaway based on its thermal performance value.

Q1:When will the 10GX FPGA go into thermal runaway?and what happens to the FPGA when it gos into thermal runaway? Can FPGAs be used later when it happened thermal runaway?

A5: I could not find the info on the surface temperature in the User Guide. Could you share to me where you get the info so that I could narrow my research on the internal resource?

Q5:Since I can only test the surface temperature experimentally at the moment, can you tell me how to derive the TJ temperature from the surface temperature? This www has Rjc. TJ=TC+P*Rjc?

Thermal Resistance (intel.com)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Q1: When will the 10GX FPGA go into thermal runaway?and what happens to the FPGA when it gos into thermal runaway? Can FPGAs be used later when it happened thermal runaway?

A1: Apologies to let you know that we don’t have the data to tell when it will happen. From my opinion, when it happened, the unit will become unfunctional. 

Q5: Since I can only test the surface temperature experimentally at the moment, can you tell me how to derive the TJ temperature from the surface temperature? This www has Rjc. TJ=TC+P*Rjc?

A5: Could you define more on what do you mean on the surface temperature? Is it same as junction-to-case temperature?

Side note: You can directly reply your comment in this post. No need to post a new question.

Regards,

Aqid Ayman

0 Kudos