Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20877 Discussions

Cyclone II availability

Cliver1
Novice

I use a Cyclone II EP2C15AF256C8 on my design. Can you tell me how much longer you plan to make this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

See this thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/Will-the-CPLDs-ever-be-available-again/m-p/1463944#M24254

Looks like CycloneII is up for EOL review in 2024.

Does not mean they will EOL it at that point, they could decide to continue producing it if there is customer demand.

But given it's age and technology I would suspect not.

Just my opinion.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As per user _AK6DN_ have replied. The answer can be accepted. The device is up for EOL review in 2024.

Does not mean they will EOL it at that point, they could decide to continue producing it if there is customer demand.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
Cliver1
Novice

Thanks Nazrul and _AK6DN_.

If they did decide to EOL the Cyclone II at next year's review how long would the EOL period last? I.E. when would be the last time Cyclone IIs could be bought? 2025, 2026 or later?

Best Regards,

Clive

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

Intel will have to reply officially to this, but in my experience when a PDN is issued for a product, you usually get about 6 to 8 months from the date of the PDN to place an order, and last delivery of parts is usually about a year. But those numbers should be taken with a grain of salt as the timing is completely up to Intel.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

As per user _AK6DN_ replied. The answer can be accepted. It will take 6 to 8 months from the date of the PDN to place an order, and last delivery of parts is usually about a year.

Other than that, I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos