Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Cyclone V Configuration

SNard3
Beginner

Hi,

we need to replace EPCQ256, with active serial configuration mode, programmed through jtag and jic files. In quartus conversion programming file tool I've found several memories and try to use MX25L12835F.

During the programming process we have the following error

Error (209025): Can't recognize silicon ID for device 1. A device's silicon ID is different from its JTAG ID. Verify that all cables are securely connected, select a different device, or check the power on the target system. Make sure the device pins are connected and configured correctly.

we can correclty program the .sof file.

What is wrong? Are there some flash memories to replace EPCQ devices? Which one?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi SNard3,

May I know which Quartus Version you are using?

For MX25L128 device, we starting support this device from Quartus version 18.1 onwards.

If you want to find the replace for EPCQ device, you may follow the link Intel Supported 3rd party device below. The listed devices were tested by Intel.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/configuration-support.html

(go to left hand side option Intel Supported Configuration Devices --> Intel supported Third Part Configuration Devices.)

I hope this will help you.

Thanks

0 Kudos