Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

DE1-SoC HPS SDRAM memory mapping

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

I've been using the demo1_axi reference project for DE1-SoC to display bmp image read from the Linux on the VGA screen. The QSys design is really simple because it just uses the Frame Reader component to read the frame from memory (using SDRAM controller) and streams it to the Mixer to display it on the screen. Now I wanted to add the second Frame Reader to read another image and display it alongside the first one. I added new Frame Reader in QSys, mapped the addresses for both frame readers, added the code i c part of the program to configure and display the second image, but it doesn't work. 

Let me tell you the settings for the project. In QSys, the first Frame Reader was mapped to 0x0000_0100-0x0000_017f on h2f_lw_axi_master. After adding the second one I mapped it to 0x0000_0180-0x0000_01ff. I generated the QSys system and after compiling the project in Quartus generated new hps_0.h header file.

After that in C code I configured the second frame reader address (h2p_vip_frame_reader1_addr pointer) the same way as the first one was configured, added another layer in the mixer, mapped the address of the frame reader. The only thing I'm wondering about is the FR0_FRAME0_OFFSET value. For the first frame reader it is zero and I set the FR1_FRAME0_OFFSET to 0x01800000 as this is the base for the second frame reader. I'm not sure if I map everything correctly.

I post the code of the C part to make my pproblem more understandable. I tried to analyze the code and understand it and for now I don't know where the problem lies. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,Korn 

I want to downloa the demo1_axi reference project for DE1-SoC,but I could not found the URL ,can you send me the URL or Project of demo1_axi reference project? 

thank you!  

my mail address:cqhdxx@qq.com 

BR/cqhdxx
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ,  

Can you provide the project to me?  

My email : alan.durant.chou@gmail.com  

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos