Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20722 Discussions

Designing a FPGA board

MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am building my own FPGA board as I cannot find one that has all the abilities that I desire.  I want to use an Agilex 7 M-Series (specifically the AGMF039R47A1E1V).  I cannot find any CAD files that I can import into Alitum.  I have all the peripherals on the board, but no controller or hookups.  Where can I find said files so I can know how to connect the FPGA?  Also, is there a document about how to wire it up with power (e.g. how should I do the power rails)?  Once I get the design done, I will need to code the drivers for my peripherals.  I am using DDR5 (x2), PCIe x16 Gen 5 (x1), M.2 NVMe (x1), HDMI (x1) and DisplayPort (x1).  Where can I find how to code these.  I see IPs, but they seemed incomplete.  Where can I find how to code in these protocols?

Thank you,

Drew

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

Good day to you.

In design example folder, you'll find Verilog files for IPs that you've generated and compiled. Those are the available ones.

For Hardware, I may suggest you to open up new forum and that'll be direct to the right team.

Regards,

Pavee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

I believe the codes are not available for public. But you can definitely use the design example for IPs to view the module protocols.

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

The codes for the standard protocols: HDMI, DP, M.2, DDR5 and PCIe are not public?  Well, that sucks.  Where are the design examples?

Also, where are the CAD models for the AGMF039R47A1E1V?  I do hope those are public so I can build my board.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

It has been 10 days since I received a response and want to keep moving forward with my FPGA design.  Any updates?

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

Apologies, Just back from holidays.

We do provide ORCAD files for devices. Link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/board-layout/fpga-schematic-symbols.html

Design example is design that generate through Quartus for any IP. You may generate one for any IP that you're planning to work on and you may view its codes and protocols in design example folder. You may refer to below links for some idea how Design example works.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683853/21-1-4-0-0/design-example-overview.html

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

No problem, I understand.

I use Altium, but I can try converting.  Are the ORCAD files the schematic, footprint and 3D model?

Ok, I will try that and hope I can figure it out.  If not, I will be back to ask questions.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have also found out that not all IP's have examples.  What do I do then if I cannot generate an example?

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

May I know what's the IP's that you're looking for?

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

Certainly.  I am looking for examples/IP's for DDR5, PCIe x16 Gen 5, M.2 NVMe Gen 5, HDMI 2.1B and DisplayPort 2.1.  These are the main components that I will use in my design.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

Here's the link for all IPs design example Intel provided. Kindly looks for the IP that required in search column.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/agilex/7/m-series/docs.html?f:curated=Intellectual%20Property

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

I see the guides for the protocols, but not the codes.  Are the codes not shared there, or am I not looking in the right spot?

Also, I have the footprint and schematic, but is there a design example so I know what capacitors, resistors, etc... I need to put where?

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

Good day to you.

In design example folder, you'll find Verilog files for IPs that you've generated and compiled. Those are the available ones.

For Hardware, I may suggest you to open up new forum and that'll be direct to the right team.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

Verilog only?  I know VHDL.  Is there a way to get those examples in VHDL, or no?

I can create a new forum for the hardware.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

You may select the available HDL here. It varies by IP.

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

So, some IP's do not have VHDL, some do.  That is disappointing.  Also, the image you tried to attach is not showing up, but I know where to go.

I have created a new thread for hardware design.

Thank you,

Drew

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Drew,

Apologies for the image not loaded. Not sure why it's not up. I believe that you know where to find it but just letting know, its in Design Example Tab.

I hope you'll get the answers for your hardware queries. Have a great day ahead.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
MATRIX7878
New Contributor I

Hello,

Yes.  I know.

I hope so too.  Have a great day too.

Drew

0 Kudos