I'm using the Intel Enpirion Digital Power Configurator to design the power solution with EM2130L01, but there is no this device in the list, and the closest one is EM2130L02. What's the differences between the two? May I choose 02 to calculate the parameters for 01?
EM2130L01 is the same as EM2120L02 but has older FW and the POK signal is push pull configuration only.
EM2130L02 is the newer FW and has both POK push pull or open drain configuration and selected based on the PMBUS address.
Please check the datasheet page 20 under POWER OK section.
Could i know what parameters you would like to calculate for EM2130L01?
I'm newer to the 'intel Enpirion Digital Power Configurator'. I don't need the PMBUS management function for now, but intend to use the power module as 'standalone'.
- Can the 'intel Enpirion Digital Power Configurator' calculate the RTUNE value based on the given output capacitance?
- When used as a 'standalone', are there any differences between the two? Will L02 be compatible with L01?
- Will L01 be 'NRND' or they will be on the market along with L02?
- As the doc in your link, the output mode of POK is determined by the PMBus address, but it doesn't mention the address '0', what's the output mode for PMBus address '0', as in my current design with 'L01', the address is fixed to '0'.
Hello @diverger ,
Here is the answer for your points:
- You don't need the GUI for Rtune calculation, you can calculate the RTUNE based on table 11 at the datasheet pg 22
- you can share your output capacitor and i will help to calculate the Rtune value
- you can also use that attached stability tool to calculate the Rtune
- There is no any difference between L01 and L02 parts and also if you don't need the PMBUS on production you can use EM2030 which cheaper in price https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/ds/em2030qi_13356.pdf
- L01 will be NRND where there is no many customer use it and L02 is fully compatible with L01
- Pok is push pull for L01 device regardless the PMBUS address
Thanks for your patience. I'm glad that you can give me more advices in the RTUNE selection. In my design the the output capacitors are:
- Five 330uF, 20%, POSCAP capacitors, with ESR = 15 mOhm.
- Eight 10%, 470nF, X5R
- Three 20%, 47uF, X5R
- Four 20%, 100uF, X5R
BTW: Are there any docs about how to use the tool attached?