Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Enabling distributed compilation for Quartus Pro ?

Hi all, 

Recently I came across this 'distributed compilation' in parellel over multiple machines for Quartus Pro - from one of altera spectra-q marketing document. ( https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/backgrounder/spectra-q-en..., page 3) .  

I guess it should need some sort of setup to specific the machine nodes to distribute to ( or izzit not?! ). But I am not where near to get the right info about quartus-pro-userguide.  

Anyone know how to enable this ? Or some useful link to read ? 

Thanks, 

OT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Search for the "Design Space Explorer II" tool, which is part of Quartus. This uses LSF or SSH compute resources on a network to distribute multiple compilations.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi Sstrell,  

Thanks for your reply. DSE distributes design compilation with different compiler settings into different machine nodes. It seems different from the 'distributed compilation' stated in the spectra-q document. Based on what is written in the document, it states  

'Distributed compilations allow you to partition your design and compile each of these 

partitions in parallel over multiple computers in a server farm, dramatically reducing your 

overall compilation time. ' 

which I thought is an automated way to partition a design and distribute them over multiple machines for compilation.  

-OT