Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20758 Discussions

Flash_CEN is illuminated all the time

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

when I switched on my Cyclone III Eval Kit this morning I recognized that LED1 was not flashing, but the Flash_CEN LED was illuminated. I tried reconfigure and CPU reset button but no success. So I am not able anymore to download programms to the Cyclone because when I try to send something, Quartus tells me 100%, the FLASH_CEN LED is out but there is no reaction on the board. And after that I am not able to do anything, reconfigure or CPU reset button do not work anymore, so only possibility is to switch off the whole thing. 

Does anyone know where this comes from and how this can be changed???? 

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I may be due to an invalid configuration programmed to the flash. Did you try to restore the factory configuration shipped with the board?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

No I did not try it. But now I recognized that the Cyclone gets very very hot, just in power on mode, no design downloaded, so I think there is something wrong either with the Flash or with FPGA and will have to contact ALTERA :confused:  

Thanks anyway
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Check to see what you have your unused pins configured as in your Quartus project. If you have them set to "As outputs driving ground," you're probably seeing the results of some contention on the board.

0 Kudos